Fidelity Tells Clients to Reduce MBIA-Backed Muni Holdings
- View from the top: Munis remain MBIA's bread and butter. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;05/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30388, p34
Profiles the success of bond insurer MBIA Insurance Corp. in the credit enhancement industry. Challenge faced by the MBIA; Company's preference for investment-grade deals; Importance of credit rating with the MBIA; Competitors of the MBIA; Bond insurance's totals and market shares.
- Cape Coral, Fla., Selling $60M for Parks, CP Refinancing. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32396, p40
The article reports that the city government of Cape Coral in Florida will sell 60-million-dollar worth of special obligation revenue bonds on June 6, 2006. The proceeds of the sale will be used to buy land for parks and recreation areas and to refinance the 20-million-dollar worth of...
- Trading Edge, MBIA team up for online munis. Burger, Andrew // Securities Industry News;08/16/99, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p11
Reports on the joint venture between the Trading Edge company and MBIA Insurance Corp. dealing with municipal bond trading in the United States. Operation of the BondLink online high-yield bond trading service; Credit insurance to BondLink participants for secondary market purchases of...
- MBIA-Backed Deal in California Well Received. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32865, p1
The article reports on the use of a bond program by two California communities to raise funds for street improvements in a deal that completed later in April 2008 and received a significant boost from MBIA Insurance Corp. The $14.7 million pooled certificate of participation deal, issued by the...
- Panelists: Centralization Will Likely Precede Shakeout and Consolidation. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p7
Highlights the views of panelists at the MBIA Insurance Corp. public finance client weekend regarding the possibility that online systems for trading municipals will experience integration first before shakeout and consolidation. Market's demand for centralization; Suggestion that Bloomberg...
- Municipal Bond Prices End Lower; Calif. $5.7B Notes Priced for Retail. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31230, p2
Reports the changes in the prices of municipal bonds in New York, New York. Impact of oil prices on the government bond yield; Issuance of bonds by MBIA Insurance Corp.; Marginal interest in the track records of municipal bonds.
- MBIA announces name change for subsidiary. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/10/95, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p8
Reports that Municipal Bond Investors Assurance Corp. has changed its name to MBIA Insurance Corporation. Feedback from David H. Elliott, chairman and chief executive officer of MBIA.
- Lower-cost loan plan to help local councils. Wood, Crispin // BRW;04/14/97, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p32
Reports that two rival companies in the United States municipal bond market have joined forces in Australia to guarantee facilities up to $1 billion. Details of the plan by the two companies, MBIA Insurance Corporation and AMBAC Indemnity Corporation; The advantages of a small municipality...
- MBIA Begins Offering Insurance on BondLink. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30990, p2
Reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. is offering municipal bond insurance in the secondary market through its partnership with Trading Edge Inc.'s BondLink. Bond-trading platform; BondLink system's premium quote and insurance selling services; Eventuality of online bond municipal bond trading.