GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK
- Covers, function attract attention for recliner, motion mfrs. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p34
Reports the release of innovative furniture from recliner and motion manufacturers in the United States. Shiatzu recliners from Berkline Corp.; Reclining leather sofas from Klaussner Furniture Industries; Casual motion sofa from La-Z-Boy Inc.
- Tetrad goes soft on banana and leather. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;07/28/2000, Issue 5198, p3
Reports that British furniture manufacturer Tetrad has unveiled contemporary leather and banana leaf sofas during the At Home trade show.
- Geometric finds at Long Point. // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p6
Highlights the sofas unveiled by various British manufacturers at the Long Point exhibition during the third week of September 2000.
- Divan specification upgrade aims to leave rivals trailing. // Cabinet Maker;12/7/2001, Issue 5266, p3
Reports the increase of specifications of divans from Relyon in Great Britain. Improvements to the design of the divans; Reduction of the height of the divans; Maintenance of prices.
- Mail order firm settles with C-T in copying row. // Cabinet Maker;12/7/2001, Issue 5266, p5
Reports the agreement of furniture industry Thomas Lloyd Group (TLG) for the cessation of sales of the Salisbury and Athena sofas in Great Britain. Complaints of C-T subsidiaries Derwent and Contour of duplication of designs; Response of TLG to the complaints; Out-of-court settlements with the...
- Rewards for DuPont winners. // Cabinet Maker;3/1/2002, Issue 5276, p5
Presents the winners of the 2002 DuPont Furniture Awards. Designer for the Alexis large sofa; Categories in the furniture awards; Response of the consumers to the previous winners.
- Unfolding fashion. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p48
Reports on trends in the sofabed sector in Great Britain, as of January 2002. Factors contributing to the consistency of sofabed demand; Innovations in sofabed design; Offerings of various sofabed manufacturers.
- Durability important to parents buying sofas. Jarrett, Vicky // Furniture/Today;8/6/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p32
States that durability is important to parents who are planning to make stationary sofa purchases in the United States. Factors being considered by parents when making house furnishing purchasing decisions; Estimated amount in consumer spending for stationary sofa purchases in the country in 2001.
- Home-made. // Cabinet Maker;5/11/2007, Issue 5537, p6
A photograph of the hand-made sofa collection including the Lauren, Hepburn and Garbo designed by Lisa Brook and Lorna Beer is presented.