- A Classic Strategy. // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2014, Issue 5879, p18
The article discusses the move of independent bedroom retailer Silentnight in relaunching an updated version of its famed Classics Collection of beds and mattresses through its exclusive Miracoil or Mirapocket spring technology. The collection includes 12 models of exceptional quality combined...
- Hickory Sorinas: As the coil turns. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p54
Discusses the design of the innersprings manufactured by Hickory Springs suitable for bedding mattresses. Claim by company president Jimmy Bush of the importance of the component in connection with product quality; Importance of providing high-quality products, reliable service and product...
- ARE YOU CONTEMPORARY? Yoder, Robert M. // Saturday Evening Post;7/3/1943, Vol. 216 Issue 1, p16
Features painter and designer Lazlo Moholy-Nagy who invented a set of wooden bedsprings. Factor that led to the development of the wooden bedsprings; Advantages of the wooden bedsprings; Personal and career background; Types of art work made by the painter.
- Steel springs ahead. // Design Engineering;Mar1995, p10
Focuses on springs used for suspension assemblies in the automotive and agricultural markets. Performance requirements; Types of springs; Composition; Properties.
- Disposable mini nitrogen gas spring. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p216
Features Associated Spring-Raymond's RD-150 disposable nitrogen gas springs. Stroke lengths; Initial force.
- Designers guide to spring material selection. Saynor, Derek // Design Engineering;Jul/Aug97, p33
Presents a guide for engineers on the proper design and selection of spring materials. Common metals and materials used for commercial spring making; Evaluation of the different types of springs according to material used; Use of springs in corrosive environments; Tips in proper spring...
- Motion control with a light touch. Kull, James T.; Moore, Richard D. // Machine Design;11/9/95, Vol. 67 Issue 20, p67
Presents some fundamental design guidelines in the application of gas springs in industries. Gas-spring basics; Physics behind gas springs; Seas systems; Design considerations. INSETS: Gas spring physics.;Calculating spring forces..
- Twinspring. // Design News;3/23/98, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p64
Focuses on the twinspring, which is made from alternating coil sets, allowing for flexibility. Description of the design of the twinspring; Contact information.
- A primer for selecting springs. Krause, Neil; Raymond, Martha K. // Machine Design;06/19/97, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p72
Presents information on various design characteristics of springs. Information on various types of springs; How to determine spring rate; Definitions of various terms associated with springs. INSET: Terms with a twist..