VAT dispute clouds MFI's 2002 figures
- MFI will fight Â£28m VAT bill. // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2003, Issue 5332, p6
Reports on the opposition of the furniture manufacturer MFI for the VAT bill in Great Britain. Argument of the Customs and Excise Department on the guarantee sales of the firm; Appeal made by MFI against the assessment; Total VAT paid by the company.
- VAT. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec1998, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p45
Presents an update on value-added tax (VAT) in the European Union. Treatment of VAT recovery in relation to shares; EU Commission's efforts to introduce some measure of limited relief and to standardize VAT on share issues within the EU.
- Cracking Christmas. // Forecourt Trader;Dec2010, p14
The article the factors that need to be considered by a petrol retailer in Great Britain during Christmas 2010 when business is exceptionally good. This includes protecting extra stock on hand and undeposited cash from criminal activities. It recommends that the amount and location of stocks and...
- Downbeat news at Marks & Spencer. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;8/5/2005, Issue 5450, p6
Reports on the share prices of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Decline in the shares of Marks & Spencer Group PLC; Increase in the shares of MFI Ltd.; Decrease in the shares of Homestyle Group PLC.
- Index shrugs off quiet market for new high. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;8/8/2003, Issue 5350, p7
Reports on the stock performance of home furnishing retailers in Europe. Plan of Home Depot Inc. to establish a store in the region; Points lost by MFI; Total points gained by Courts.
- WICKES: Wickes real-time reader responses. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);7/14/2011, p23
An interview of the director of marketing of Wickes Rob Murray is presented. When asked about the company's focus towards the brand development, he refers to the growth in the shares and the retaining of the company's distinctive positioning for brand development. Information on the impact of...
- Buy-while-they're-low advice pays off. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;7/7/2006, Issue 5495, p6
The article focuses on the status of the international economic trade in Great Britain. The MFI (UK) Ltd. has resisted a downgrade and 90 percent price target from Panmure Gordon analysts. Nobia AB has reversed its recent falls jumping 86 percent to 1,825, justifying the analysts'...
- Pricemarks in doubt amid VAT confusion. Walker, Gaelle; Mansfield, Jennifer; Devonshire, Jane; Parkes, Trevor // Convenience Store;11/12/2010, p3
The article reports on the decision by independent retailers to reduce stocks of pricemarked products (PMPs) to ensure that their trade margins are not negatively affected when the value added tax (VAT) rate increase takes effect on January 4, 2011. It mentions that retailers are disapproving of...
- KURUMLAR VERGÄ°SÄ° VE KDV YÃ–NÃœNDEN ÅžÄ°RKETLERDE DEVÄ°R VE BÃ–LÃœNME HALÄ°NDE TAÅžINMAZ VE Ä°ÅžTÄ°RAK HÄ°SSELERÄ° SATIÅž KAZANCI Ä°STÄ°SNASI. ERCAN, İbrahim // Mali Cozum Dergisi / Financial Analysis;oca/sub2014, Vol. 24 Issue 121, p169
No abstract available.