Dicksons fears impact of Hexham plans
- Dickinsons Furnishers acquires former Chapmans store. // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2012, Issue 5796, p7
The article reports that Dickinsons Furnishers Ltd. has purchased the 165-year-old Chapmans furniture store in Carlisle, England.
- Spotlight on service. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;7/7/2006, Issue 5495, p27
The article profiles Dickinson, a cabinet maker company, with its success and achievements in business in England. The company has been established in 1878 in rural Northumberland, wherein the business has started off as traditional cabinet makers and grew slowly as a furniture and carpet...
- New business in the UK. // Cabinet Maker;9/16/2005, Issue 5456, p18
Reports that Northumberland, England-based furniture and interiors retailer Dickinsons Furnishers has acquired the FRSnet solutions from Radii Ltd. Capacity of the retail system; Statement of sales director Andy Frost on the benefits of the retail system for the company; Identification of other...
- Double celebration. // Cabinet Maker;2/16/2007, Issue 5525, p34
The article announces awards given to various companies of the furniture industry including, Furniture Village which has received the National Interiors Retailer of the Year award and Dickinsons Furnishers which has won the Independent Interiors Retailer of the Year award.
- the interiors awards 2007. // Cabinet Maker;2/16/2007, Issue 5525, p35
The article announces winners of the Interiors Awards of the furniture industry which include, Dickinsons Furnishers that received the Independent Interiors Retailer of the Year Award, Furniture Village which received the National Interiors Retailer of the Year Award, and Halo Furnishings which...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;9/18/2009, Issue 5655, p5
The article offers news briefs related to business in Great Britain. British Retail Consortium (BRC) and Nielsen reveal that the annual deflation of furniture and floorcoverings has increased to 2.5% in August 2009. It notes that Dickinsons Furnishers underwent the Your Department Store (YDS)...
- MBI at retailer Dickinsons. // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2007, Issue 5549, p34
The article presents a report about Northumberland chain Dickinson Brothers Ltd. that was published in the August 31, 2001 issue of "Cabinet Maker." The company has been renamed to Dickinsons Furnishers after a management buyout by new managing director Steve Traviss. Conrand Dickinson, former...
- Fire above Hexham furniture retailer. // Cabinet Maker;5/25/2012, Issue 5789, p4
The article reports that a fire broke out on the third floor just above the Dickinsons Furnishers Ltd. showroom in Hexham, Northumberland, England on May 19, 2012.
- Norwich bug alert. // Cabinet Maker;2/8/2008, Issue 5574, p31
The article reports on the business moves of Norwich City Council in England. The Council is having to rechannel resources from fighting anti-social behaviour, in the form of graffiti and fly-posting, into dealing with bedbugs. Moreover, the city is becoming infested with the mites. It has been...