Blow for new store plans
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p4
Presents newsbriefs concerning the furniture industry in Great Britain as of October 30, 1998. Includes results of a survey conducted by Barclays Bank on the economic impact of customer shop rage; Japan Interior Center's search for a British furniture company to use its building; Barker and...
- Port change aids growth. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2013, Issue 5829, p4
The article reports that supply chain business PD Ports has been appointed by furniture retailer Barker and Stonehouse to oversee the handling and distribution of its global furniture products.
- And the nominee is - Barker and Stonehouse. // Cabinet Maker;2/20/2009, Issue 5624, p6
The article reports that Barker and Stonehouse, a furniture retailer based in Middlesbrough, England has been shortlisted for a national award. It is stated that Barker and Stonehouse is the only independent retailer to make in the shortlist which includes Marks & Spencer Group PLC, Morrisons...
- The public's favourites. // Cabinet Maker;2/14/2003, Issue 5324, p13
Features the recipient of the consumers' choice of Independent and Multiple retailer for the year 2003 in Great Britain. Selection of Barker & Stonehouse as the best independent furniture retailer; Recognition of Ikea AB as the multiple retailer of the year.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2003, Issue 5329, p33
Reports on developments related to the furniture industry. Opening of a Barker and Stonehouse shop in Sydney, Australia; Marketing plan of Alstons; Vogue Beds' donation of mattresses to Hinckley Homeless Group in Great Britain.
- Compton takes charge of CBHP's tenant division. // Estates Gazette;4/13/2002, Issue 215, p42
Announces the appointment of Nick Compton as director of CB Hillier Parker.
- Kvaerner hands portfolio to CBHP. Coffer, Adam // Estates Gazette;2/2/2002, Issue 205, p43
Presents an update on the investments and business activities of Kvaerner company as of February 2, 2002. Outsourcing of the management of its property to reduce cost; Implications of debt for the company's solvency; Teams that join CB Hiller Parker companies.
- Chester sets up Â£120m UK fund. Cooper, Mark // Estates Gazette;6/7/2003, Issue 323, p49
Focuses on a fund launched by Chester Properties with up to Â£120m to spend on property in Great Britain. How the fund was described; Comments from CB Hillier Parker director Stephen Lyall.
- CBHP director goes after lock-in. // Estates Gazette;11/16/2002, Issue 246, p34
Reports on the decision of Chris Osmond, senior director of professional retail work at CB Hillier Parker, to withdraw from his bid to become an equity partner at CWM. Career background of Osmond in the Hillier Parker; Executives whom Osmond will share equity partner status at CWM; Comment...