Conroy to guide Universal growth
- Universal names Clacagne to head upholstery division. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the appointment of Roy R. Calcagne as the senior vice president and general manager of the upholstery division of Universal Furniture Ltd. in New York. Experiences of Calcagne in furniture and textile business; His career history; Strategic plans of the company.
- Food for thought. // Cabinet Maker;2/21/2003, Issue 5325, p29
Focuses on the reason that made Universal Furniture executive Mark Symes happy in Great Britain.
- Young leaves import company. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;9/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p2
Reports the dismissal of Jeff Young as president of sales and marketing of Universal Furniture Ltd. in the United States. Assumption of former vice president Geoff Beaston in the vacant position; Background of Young in the furniture manufacturing business; Changes in the division due to...
- Brundage leaves Universal. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p6
Reports the resignation of Mike Brundage as the senior vice president of sales at the Universal Furniture in the United States. Affiliation of Brundage with the company since December 1996; Roger Friesen as the successor of Brundage; Influence of Brundage's resignation on the decision of the...
- Symes heads Universal. // Cabinet Maker;05/04/2001, Issue 5236, p3
Reports on the appointment of Mark Symes as marketing director at Universal Furniture Ltd.
- Universal taps Chrisley, promotes 2 to VP posts. // Furniture/Today;11/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p2
Reports the promotions made by Universal Furniture, a case goods importer on its employees in the United States. Assumption of Randy Chrisley as the Senior Vice-President of sales and marketing; Employment background of Chrisley; Promotions made to Joe Keveryn and Virginia Bremer.
- Will right people, product be in place when sales return? Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;4/6/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p30
The author reflects on the turnover of marketing and merchandising executives for the home furnishing industry during recessionary times. He muses on the robust area of licensing, despite the reduction of workforce, that gives way to business relationships such as the featured Paula Deen Home...
- Chrisley succeeds Dondero as Universal president, CEO. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;4/4/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p4
The article reports that Randy Chrisley has been named president and chief executive officer of full-line importer Universal Furniture Ltd.. He will replace Harvey Dondero, who resigned to pursue other career interests. Chrisley, a 35-year industry veteran, joined Universal in November 2001 as...
- People. // Fort Worth Business Press;2/6/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the appointment of several industry executives in Fort Worth, Texas as of February 6, 2004. Jon Snook at American Eagle; Brant Ringler at the Texas Collegiate League; Michael R. Conroy at USMD Hospital.