Christie-Tyler set to close two UK factories
- Inevitable break-up. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/12/2005, Issue 5451, p18
Looks at the demise of British upholstery manufacturer, Christie-Tyler. Financial problems of the company; Decline in sales in 2003; Closing of several firms and factories to eliminate excess capacity. INSETS: Christie-Tyler by numbers;Facts and figures;Who is Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst?.
- End of the line for Arkana and Outline in C-T shake-up. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p1
Reports the restructuring of furniture firm Christie-Tyler production in South Wales. Advantages of the move to the business group; Plans of Pendragon for the Arkana and Outline products; Replacement of production loss with profitable sales.
- Conran appears Contented. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p6
Reports the plan of Christie-Tyler to expand its collection of Content by Conran furniture in Europe. Plan to double its collection; Marketing strategy; Addition of furniture to its Balance Shelving group.
- C-T supplier fails. // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p5
Reports on the business failure of Peter Cook International PLC in Great Britain. Agreement between Peter Cook and Christie-Tyler company; Plan of PriceWaterhouseCoopers to sell Peter Cook; Annual turnover and book value of Peter Cook.
- Egan quashes rumours. // Cabinet Maker;11/14/2003, Issue 5364, p4
Reports on the denial made by Steve Egan, divisional director of Christie-Tyler on the closure of Ultra and Wyvern in Great Britain. Performance of Ultra; Plans of the furniture firm for the companies.
- Highs and lows of C-T. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p4
Reports on the position maintained by Christie-Tyler as Great Britain's largest furniture manufacturer, according to the Domestic Furniture Manufacturers report by Prospect Swetenhams.
- Sensible move in South Wales. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p1
Comments on the decision of Christie-Tyler to reshuffle production in South Wales. Increase in the competition of imports among manufacturer; Impact of imports to the business performance of the company; Effects of restructuring to product marketing.
- A name to be reckoned with. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p1
Comments on the impact of the partnership between designer Terence Conran and Christie-Tyler Co. to the furniture market in Great Britain. Details on the creation of the Content Co.; Implications of mass marketing plans of Conran; Conran designed furniture to be launched at The Furniture Show.
- Calm after the storms? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/10/2003, Issue 5359, p8
Reports on the impact of the executive turnover at Christie-Tyler on the furniture manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Increase in the level of imports; Decline in the sales volume; Outsourcing of the production capacity.