W.H. Smith Gives Book Fair Something To Buzz About
- LIVE ISSUE/MAGAZINE DISTRIBUTION. Watts, Jenny // Campaign;09/01/2000, Issue 35, p23
Reports on supermarket giant Tesco's decision to reconsider proposals making WH Smith its sole supplier of magazines. Impact of the decision on the Periodical Publishers Association; Potential ramifications for advertisers.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;2/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p7
Presents news items related to publishers as of February 11, 2001. Plan of W.H. Smith Ltd. to bypass the returns authorization process; Change of position of Judith Elliott at Orion Children's Books; Appointment of three managers to Hodder & Stroughton's sales and marketing departments.
- WH Smith--A Year of Change Ahead. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;5/14/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 20, p22
Provides information on the management and financial condition of WH Smith, an international retail publishing group based in Great Britain, for a fiscal year that ended in April 2001. Disputes within the magazine and newspaper distribution division of the company; Sales performance of the...
- Can WH Smith shed its jack of all trades tag? Solley, Sam // Marketing (00253650);10/2/2003, p13
Once popular in the Great Britain book trade, publisher WH Smith Inc. is facing adverse business cycles in recent years, the victim of competition from supermarkets and specialist retailers. Like-for-like sales declined by 4%, book sales were down by 3%, news and express were down by 2% and...
- DATAMONITOR: WH Smith PLC. // WH Smith PLC SWOT Analysis;Feb2012, p1
A company profile of WH Smith PLC, which is a retailer of books, newspapers, magazines, stationery and entertainment products, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is provided...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p8
Presents a roundup of news pertaining to the international book publishing industry, as of August 7, 2000. Recruitment of Fiona Kennedy to serve as buying manager for the books division of Tesco PLC; Plans of W.H. Smith to use the content from its Helicon and Hodder Headline publishing...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p8
Reports global developments related to book publishing. Dispute between W.H. Smith and the merchandise manager Bill Hailstone; Source of the conflict; Move of Random U.K. to build ties with its publishing divisions.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;4/22/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p7
Reports developments related to book publishing in Great Britain as of April 2002. Increase in the book sales of W.H. Smith; Plan of Tesco PLC to stock books in Esso gas station stores; Acquisition of Rough Guides by Penguin.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p8
Reports several developments in the publishing industry in Great Britain as of June 2002. Details on the summer sale campaign of W.H. Smith; Information on the marketing campaign of Waterstone; Key features of the Borders and Books Etc. summer promotions.