Sales of Blackboard's Platforms Generate 69% Revenue Increase
- Acquisitions and Partnerships... // Educational Marketer;9/10/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p7
Presents updates on acquisitions and partnerships in the educational publishing industry as of September 10, 2001, including the selection of Remedy Corp. to provide management software to the Blackboard company.
- Indian Youth Wins Prestigious UN Innovator Award. SINGH, YOSHITA // India -- West;11/1/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 50, pB37
The article announces that Varun Arora, creator of the Open Curriculum online platform for local educational material for standard, primary and secondary schooling, has received the United Nations (UN) innovator award.
- Jostens sale expected to fund future growth. Siedsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;06/21/99, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p5
Highlights the plan of San Diego, Calif.-based Jostens Learning Corp. to increase its investments in the educational curriculum software market. Private equity investment firm Ripplewood Holdings LLC's purchasing of Jostens Learning Corp.; Transformation of Jostens into a digital educational...
- Blackboard Announces Creative Commons Collaboration to Enable Opening of Course Content. Kolowich, Steve // Distance Education Report;11/15/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p5
The article reports that Blackboard Inc. has announced a partnership with Creative Commons for the development of new course content with different licenses.
- EVALUATING BUSINESS-SPONSORED EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS. Dameron, Kenneth // Education Digest;Feb1944, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p58
The article presents a reprint of the article "Evaluating business-sponsored educational materials," by Kenneth Dameron, which appeared in the January 1944 issue of the "School Management." It discusses the key factors that teachers should consider when selecting the proper business-sponsored...
- Salutary lessons. Hemsley, Steve // Precision Marketing;9/7/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p21
The article talks on the increasing number of teachers as a good news in the educational materials industry. However, the challenge still lies on getting in touch with these teachers. There is the challenge of getting through school secretary before you can approach the teacher as well as the...
- COMMERCIAL SUPPLEMENTARY TEACHING MATERIALS. // Education Digest;Jan1945, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p40
The article reports focuses on the use of commercial teaching materials in the U.S. The main problem relate to the use of commercial teaching materials is raised by a suspicion on the part of some that business in providing materials to supplement the curriculum is seeking to use the schools to...
- MIDTERM ADDENDA. Preven, Eric; Preven, Joshua // New Republic;1/30/95, Vol. 212 Issue 5, p10
Features a satirical list of undergraduate courses now available at some fictional university. Course descriptions; Changes made to the "Course Catalog"; Methods of computations used in the statistics; Cinema and the law; Seminar on images of dampness in medieval popular ballads; Windbags since...
- University Collaborative Releases Free Course-Management Software. // Distance Education Report;8/1/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p3
Members of the Sakai Project, including the University of Michigan, the University of Indiana, and Stanford released the first version of the project's open source course management system software, along with its complete source code, allowing institutions or individuals to customize or enhance...