GlowCore boilers supply space heat, hot water
- Ensuring accurate efficiency, output measurement for boilers. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, pXXXI
Offers advice for measuring the thermal efficiency of boilers. Meaning of thermal efficiency; Formula for measuring thermal efficiency; Indirect method of measuring thermal efficiency.
- Optimizing combustion in boilers with low-NOx burners. Storm, Richard F.; Elliott, Tom // Power;Oct93, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p53
Discusses the prerequisites for achieving optimum combustion with low-NOx burners for electric-utility boilers. Proving the furnace oxidizing environment; Prescribed air-flow/fuel-flow relationship for primary air flow; Measurement of the system-resistance variations in the fuel line.
- Radiant-zone O2 sensors help optimize combustion. Simpkins, David R.; Locklin, Stephen H. // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p51
Focuses on the use of an innovative computer based system that uses radiant-zone O2 sensing to improve combustion efficiency of boilers and reduce NOx emissions. INSETS: Key reasons for radiant-zone monitoring.;Project objective: Develop a `hot-side burner-management.;CO-variance screen...
- Specialized applications call for industrial boilers to take on new look. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/9/95, Vol. 196 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the changes in industrial boiler design that increase efficiency and enable manufacturers to meet emissions guidelines. Simple maintenance as key to boiler's maintenance; Cost of boiler installation; Technological advances in oil and gas burners.
- Georgia School District puts new A. O. Smith boiler to the... // PM Engineer;Jun97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on Legend 2000 boiler from A. O. Smith which provides the highest levels of safety and efficiency. Importance of air quality and safety; Materials used in the boiler's waterways; Comments by Principal Engineer Barry Spurlock on the efficiency and durability of Legend 2000.
- Benchmark reaches out. // Builders Merchants Journal;Oct2000, p8
Discusses the extension of the Benchmark central heating logbook scheme to include servicing and maintenance. Initiatives to standardize procedures for returning damaged or faulty boilers to manufacturers; Problems involved in returning boilers.
- Floor heating plus condensing boiler equals 104% efficiency. Fiedrich, Joe // Contractor Magazine;Jun95, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p44
Suggests coupling a condensing boiler to a low-temperature floor heating distribution system and proper controls capable of providing ideal operating conditions to achieve heating system efficiency. Problem of heating systems' operation at higher return water temperatures; Figures documented at...
- TWO-STAGE PRESSURIZATION IMPROVES FLEXIBILITY OF SUPERCRITICAL BOILERS. Vera, Ricardo L.G. // Power Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p77
Deals with the impact of the two-stage pressurization technique in the flexibility of supercritical boilers. Advantage of the two-stage pressurization technique over other techniques; Analysis of the original design concepts for supercritical boilers; Discussion on the principle behind the...
- One-stop control system introduced for boilers. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/11/96, Vol. 197 Issue 11, p28
Reports on Honeywell Inc.'s control system for providing single-point monitoring and control for boilers to maintain comfort and energy efficiency. Features of system called `SYSNet Facilities Integration System'; Key components; Operating cost savings; Contact information.