Mexico soon to sign on for Waterfowl Management Plan
Tags: WATERFOWL management
- The duck dancers of Swan Lake. Bourjaily, Philip // Field & Stream;Feb98, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p52
Focuses on the waterfowl conservation efforts of the Nicollet Conservation Club at the Swan Lake in Nicollet, Minnesota. Description of the lake area; Status of the wildlife population in the lake; Description of the Swan Lake Area Wildlife Project. INSETS: Land works. by P.B.;Cattails=ducks....
- Not all ducky just yet. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Feb/Mar97, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the success of waterfowl conservation in the United States. Birds which show decreases in breeding females; Estimated number of ducks and geese that flew south in the Fall of 1996; Reasons for the increased number of birds.
- D.C. Does Ducks. Marshall, Bob // Field & Stream;Nov2000, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p12
Looks at waterfowl management in various states in the United States.
- Keeping the Rockies Untapped. Farley, Jon // Field & Stream;Jun2001, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p15
Reports the efforts of Ducks Unlimited to preserve the San Luis Valley aquifer in Colorado. Importance of the aquifer to waterfowls; Concern over urban development; Goal of securing perpetual conservation easements and acquiring water rights for the landowners.
- Protecting Waterfowl Habitat. Woldt, Arthur // Conservationist;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on two Canadian waterfowl conservation projects funded by New York's migratory bird stamp and print program. Benefits of the project; Construction of a dike complex; Installation of a two-way pump system to provide a reliable source of water; Creation of five nesting islands; Spirit of...
- Signpost. // Backpacker;Jun94, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the various developments concerning wilderness camping and travelling. Resignation of Jim Baca as director of the US Bureau of Land Management; Nesting sites for waterfowls; Submission of a proposed zoning plan of the Yellowstone National Park.
- UPDATING OUR WATERFOWL MANAGEMENT PLAN. Moorhouse, Barney // Ontario Out of Doors;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the revision of the North American Waterfowl Management Plan (NAWMP) for Canada, the U.S. and all four designated waterfowl flyways.
- Webinar to cover water-fowl habitat. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/10/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p2
The article offers information on the webinar "Waterfowl Habitat Management" to be hosted by the Texas Wildlife Association in collaboration with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension on April 18, 2013.
- Waterfowl for Tomorrow: The North American Waterfowl Management Plan. Odell, David E.; Batcheller, Gordon R. // Conservationist;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the adoption of the North American Waterfowl Management Plan by the U.S. and Canada in 1986, in response to the decline of certain species of waterfowl and the continuing loss of wetland habitat necessary to support them. Establishment of goals for waterfowl populations;...