The origin of numbers
- Irrelevant auditory material affects counting. Buchner, Axel; Steffens, Melanie C.; Irmen, Lisa; Wender, Karl F. // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Learning, Memory & Cognition;Jan1998, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p48
Presents information on event counting. Reference to experiments of R.H. Logie and D.A. Baddeley; Information on factors which interfere with the processes necessary for maintaining information in a phonological loop; Results of the experiments.
- Counting critters. McCarthy, Teresa // Humpty Dumpty Magazine;Oct/Nov94, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p31
Presents a counting activity which features animals.
- Ducks in a row. Hahn, Nadine // Ladybug;Aug95, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p28
Presents a counting exercise featuring a duck and her ducklings.
- Generating multiple solutions for a problem: A comparison of the responses of U.S. and Japanese... Silver, Edward A.; Leung, Shukkwan S. // Educational Studies in Mathematics;Jan1995, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p35
Compares the answers of American and Japanese students to a counting task calling for the generation of multiple solution methods. Identical patterns and frequency of strategy use across response occasions; Combination of both visual and verbal/symbolic features; Use of more sophisticated...
- Star-spangled search. // Children's Playmate Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p19
Presents a counting activity with flags.
- Counting time. // Australia's Parents;Feb/Mar97, Issue 97, Hoot p4
Presents a seatwork reinforcing counting skills among children. Use of fish as a beauty and magic charm among early Egyptian children.
- Count the Animals. // Weekly Reader - Edition K;Jan2008, Vol. 50, Special section p4
A quiz about counting the number of animals pictured in a row is presented.
- COUNTING in SPANISH. Rogers, Sheila // Children's Playmate Magazine;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p33
Presents a game, which tests the ability of children to count to ten in the Spanish language.
- Counting Sheep. Fairall, Roberta L. // Humpty Dumpty's Magazine;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p33
Presents a counting game for children.