You can't beat cash
- Overworked and underpaid. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p20
Discusses the results of a survey conducted by `Canadian Business' magazine for its July 1994 issue. The compensation packages that Canadian chief executive officers are typically offered.
- Block those cuts. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Reports on a survey related to the salaries of chief executive officers.
- Top CEO salaries. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p138
Ranks chief executive officers (CEO) in New Jersey by total compensation received in 1997. Includes Melvin R. Goodes of Warner-Lambert; Lawrence A. Bossidy of AlliedSignal; Henry B. Schact of Lucent Technologies; Richard Jay Koogan of Schering-Plough.
- Tying CEO pay to performance: Compensation committees must do better. Hampson, H. Anthony // Business Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p18
Looks at compensation committees' methods of assessing a chief executive officer's (CEO) performance and eventually judging the latter's compensation. Building an atmosphere of trust and understanding; Need for strong directors; Importance of good performance measures; Critical nature of...
- A million dollars a year? Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p76
Discusses the compensation rules for chief executive officers (CEOs) in Canada. Three principles; Creation of bias toward salary increases; Supply and demand of CEOs; Comparison of the salary between CEOs and unskilled workers; Criticisms on the large compensation received by CEOs.
- Highest paid CEOs. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/30/2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p12
Lists several chief executive officers ranked according to compensations received in 2001. Cash compensation received by executives in 2001 and 2000; Addresses of companies with which the executives are associated; Percentage of total company shares held by the executives.
- If business is good, pay will be, too. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/96, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p15
Cites a report entitled `Executive Annual Incentive Plans,' by the Conference Board which shows that annual bonuses to top executives will continue to be a part of executive pay. Financial services as the most performance-oriented field; Median incentive award for chief executive officers (CEO).
- The fortunate 100. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/96, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p19
Presents the top chief executive officers in Chicago, Illinois as ranked by 1995 compensation. Biggest pay increases and decreases; Top performers in terms of revenues; Estimated value of 1995 stock option grants; Comparison with 1994 figures.
- The fortunate 100. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p79
Presents statistics on chief executive officers in Chicago, Illinois, who were ranked by 1995 compensation.
- Managers say chief executives make 20 to 30 times too much. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 12 Issue 69, p27
Comments on the salaries of chief executive officers in the United States. Critical remarks of rank-and-file employees; Comparison of salaries with executive from Japan or Europe.