The Third International Meeting of Sudan Studies
- History. // Sudan Country Review;2001/2002, p10
Reports on key developments in the history of Sudan as of 2001. Origins of ethnic groups; Forms of government; Relations with neighboring countries; Politics in the 20th century.
- Paradigms in Sudan archaeology. Trigger, Bruce G. // International Journal of African Historical Studies;1994, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p323
Relates the archaeology of the Sudan to the Egyptian Nubia to a series of interpretive paradigms that have characterized the development of archaeology in Western Europe and North America. Internal and external factors that influenced cultural change; Colonial archaeology; Post-colonial...
- THE HISTORY OF THE SUDAN: A BIBLIOGRAPHY. Collins, Robert O. // African Research & Documentation;2007, Issue 104, p61
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "White Nile Arabs: Political Leadership and Economic Change, " by Ahmad Muhammad Abbas, "Primitive Capital Accumulation in the Sudan," by A. Abdelkarim, and "Early Sudanese Nationalism," by Hasan Abdin.
- A history of Sudan. // New Internationalist;Sep96, Issue 283, p26
Chronicles Sudan's history and important people behind the government strife between Sudan and Uganda. Civil war in Sudan in 1960's; Refugees crossing borders between Sudan and Uganda.
- Sudan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/29/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p30
Reports on various developments in Sudan as of November 29, 1996. California Microwave's plan to establish a domestic satellite communications network for Sudatel.
- HISTORY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of the Suda;Oct2007, p3
The article presents information on the history of Sudan. The country was a collection of small, independent kingdoms and principalities from the beginning of the Christian era until 1820-1821. The Mahdi led a nationalist revolt culminating in the fall of Khartoum in 1885, taking advantage of...
- History. // Sudan Country Review;2010, p6
The article presents an overview of the political history of Sudan including the Egyptian penetration of Nubia during the Old Kingdom, succession of independent Kingdoms and the inauguration of the first Parliament in 1954.
- History. // Sudan Country Review;2012, p7
The article offers information on the history of Sudan including the country's independence, constitution and public administration.
- Among Darfur Rebels and Refugees: A Road Diary (Day 5). Pelda, Kurt // World Politics Review;7/17/2007, p4
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of traveling to eastern Chad on the border with the Sudanese region of Darfur to examine the conflict between rebels and the Sudanese government in the region.