Drying time for watercolors
Tags: WATERCOLOR painting
- Development and early influences. Finch, C. // Architectural Digest;Sep87, p140
Description of 19th century European watercolors by Franz Xaver Nachtmann, Jacob Spoel, Felix-Joseph Barrias, Alfred Dedreux, David Cox, and Alexandre-Gabriel Decamps. Discussion of development of the art and its early influences.
- Impressions of the Delta: A Suite of Watercolors. Chaffee, Thomas H. // Arkansas Review: A Journal of Delta Studies;1998, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p146
Presents watercolor paintings of the Mississippi Delta.
- DEMONSTRATION | LAKE LOUISE. // Watercolor Success!;2005, p80
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a watercolor painting of Lake Louise in Alberta.
- DEMONSTRATION | YOHO NATIONAL PARK. // Watercolor Success!;2005, p94
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a watercolor painting of the Yoho National Park in British Columbia.
- DEMONSTRATION | GLACIER NATIONAL PARK. // Watercolor Success!;2005, p106
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a watercolor painting of the Glacier National Park in British Columbia.
- Sun-filled Landscapes By Michael Hallinan. // American Artist;Jan1984, Vol. 48 Issue 498, p42
California artist Michael Hallinan tries to capture the effect of bright sun and deep shade--California with its brilliant sunshine and colorful vegetation. Included in this issue are two related articles, with full color illustrations, on watercolor: painting on location by Alan Singer, and...
- Five artists explain materials, methods and subject matter. // American Artist;Jun1987, Vol. 51 Issue 539, p56
Watercolorists Sharon Weilbaecher, James L. Koevening, Allene Bary-Cooper, Karen Frey and Susan Morris McGee explain their techniques, subject matter, materials and methods.
- A watercolorist. D'Aleo, A. // American Artist;Jul1987, Vol. 51 Issue 540, p48
A watercolorist describes her painting process in a step-by-step method; Formation drawing; Value pattern/composition sketch; Master drawing.
- Robert James Foose. Foose, R.J. // American Artist;Oct1987, Vol. 51 Issue 543, p56
Artist Robert James Foose of Kentucky explains his approach to watercolor, technique, materials, and subject matter.
- Kay Polk: Combining pastels and watercolors.. Stroud, B.D. // American Artist;Oct1987, Vol. 51 Issue 543, p60
Step-by-step method for combining pastels and watercolors in portrait painting as demonstrated by Texas artist Kay Polk.