Drying time for watercolors
- Impressions of the Delta: A Suite of Watercolors. Chaffee, Thomas H. // Arkansas Review: A Journal of Delta Studies;1998, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p146
Presents watercolor paintings of the Mississippi Delta.
- Sun-filled Landscapes By Michael Hallinan. // American Artist;Jan1984, Vol. 48 Issue 498, p42
California artist Michael Hallinan tries to capture the effect of bright sun and deep shade--California with its brilliant sunshine and colorful vegetation. Included in this issue are two related articles, with full color illustrations, on watercolor: painting on location by Alan Singer, and...
- Five artists explain materials, methods and subject matter. // American Artist;Jun1987, Vol. 51 Issue 539, p56
Watercolorists Sharon Weilbaecher, James L. Koevening, Allene Bary-Cooper, Karen Frey and Susan Morris McGee explain their techniques, subject matter, materials and methods.
- A watercolorist. D'Aleo, A. // American Artist;Jul1987, Vol. 51 Issue 540, p48
A watercolorist describes her painting process in a step-by-step method; Formation drawing; Value pattern/composition sketch; Master drawing.
- Robert James Foose. Foose, R.J. // American Artist;Oct1987, Vol. 51 Issue 543, p56
Artist Robert James Foose of Kentucky explains his approach to watercolor, technique, materials, and subject matter.
- Kay Polk: Combining pastels and watercolors.. Stroud, B.D. // American Artist;Oct1987, Vol. 51 Issue 543, p60
Step-by-step method for combining pastels and watercolors in portrait painting as demonstrated by Texas artist Kay Polk.
- The watercolor page. Brigeois, E. // American Artist;Jan1989, Vol. 53 Issue 558, p54
The author, Evelyne Brigeois, discusses her career as an artist. Choosing subject matter; The effects of light; Mystery in paintings by using shadows; Paintings of Greece; Painting techniques.
- Pushing the limits. Treman, Judy D. // American Artist;Feb1993, Vol. 57 Issue 607, p48
Relates the author's techniques for creating her water color paintings. How she challenges herself to push the limits of watercolor in terms of color, detail, and size; How joy is theme of her most recent work; How she considers the composition and design carefully as she sets up a still life;...
- Layering multiple images. Jackman, Virginia // American Artist;Dec1993, Vol. 57 Issue 617, p44
Discusses the author's style of water color painting specializing in layers of multiple images to add dimension to paintings. Working on the `Buster series'; Creation of imagery from a single idea; projection of image; Resolution of the value and color of the shapes; Working on the `Nazca...
- Bending watercolor traditions--A look at mediums and modifiers. Weingrod, Carmi // American Artist;Jan1994, Vol. 58 Issue 618, p10
Discusses the use of unorthodox methods and materials in watercolor painting. Essentials in watercolor painting; Example; Supplementary products for watercolorists; Standard watercolor mediums; Auxiliary watercolor products; Acrylic mediums; Body color. INSET: Art material-ese isn't a...