Dayanara shoe line in stores by Oct. 15
- Pioneer shoe retailer set to expand. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;3/23/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p31
Features shoe retail company Almacenes Gonzalez. Additional store openings; Estimated initial investment; Purchasing head Adamaris Alvarez on his job; Automation of company stores; Company founders.
- TJAC vs. Almacenes Gonzalez. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;2/8/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p4
Reports that Puerto Rico-based retailer, Almacenes Gonzalez, has been sued by TJAC for more than $2 million. Failure to meet lease obligations in four shopping malls; Locations of stores.
- To get to her feet, speak to her heart. MacLachlan, Suzanne L. // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 89, p9
Focuses on the shoe manufacturers in the US and their publicity campaigns to attract women to their brands. Main players in the industry; Psychology behind the advertisements; Examples from various companies.
- Puttin' on the dog. Min, Janice // People;12/11/95, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p163
Looks at the return of Hush puppies into the world of style. Fans; Average cost of a pair.
- Walk on the wet side. Willen, Janet L. // Nation's Business;Jul93, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p80
Presents water-proof design for shoes from Gells, of St. Petersburg, Florida. Wet Feet boat shoes; Neoprene construction; Colors.
- New steps. Rubin, Ilan // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov97, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p452
Features the cap-toe shoe generally worn by wall street workers but can be used for a casual look. Description of the high-gloss black; Features of the leather square-cap-toe by Bally; Cost price of the shoes.
- Footwear steps forward. Demery, Paul // Discount Store News;7/19/93, Vol. 32 Issue 14, Apparel Merchandising.... pA2
Focuses on the footwear industry. Hopes for improved selling seasons; Gains by discount stores; Spring categories; Sales; Household incomes; Stocks of merchandise; Cross-shop; In-store displays.
- The name game. Wischnia, Bob // Runner's World;Apr94, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p72
States that shoe companies often use similar-sounding names for different models and presents a guide to finding the shoe you need when the names get in the way. Avia 2050 and 2052; Brooks Chariot and Chariot HFX; Nike Huarache Plus, Huarache Light and Huarache International; Reebok Ventilator...
- VitroRobertson stresses basics for Asics athletic shoes. // Brandweek;5/27/96, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p5
Reports on VitroRobertson's use of a straight-forward positioning strategy in its campaign for Asic athletic shoes.