- Vegetarian Action. MARCO ANTONIO REGIL'S LATINO ACTIVISM. Leibowitz, Karen // Vegetarian Journal;2015, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p35
The article feature Mexican television personality Marco Antonio Regil and his vegetarian movement advocacy for Latino population. Information provided include his involvement as co-creator of Latino PETA, a division of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), the hindrances in...
- TRUE NORTH. LIEBOWITZ, MARY // Vegetarian Times;Oct2015, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p54
Several recipe for Nordic cuisine is presented which includes Julie Karla's Pearl Barley Risotto With Red Kuri Squash Feta and Fresh Thyme, Paul Cunningham's Henne Garden Salad and Patrik Johansson's Butter Viking's Pearl Butter.
- The `Family Meal': Views of Adolescents. Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne; Story, Mary // Journal of Nutrition Education;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p329
Reports on the results of a study on the views of adolescents in Minnesota regarding family meals. Part of daily routine; Major reasons for not having meals as a family; Influential factors that determined whether participation in family meals would lead to a more healthful diet; Diversity in...
- Hey, Sweet Thing. Fetto, John; Lipke, David J. // American Demographics;Oct2000, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p72
Presents information on the preference of people in the United States for sweet foods. Estimated sugar consumption per day; Average softdrink consumption; Estimated retail candy sales in 1998.
- Today's Home Cooking: More Geography Than Method. Cox, Heather // Mother Earth News;Apr/May99, Issue 173, p24
Reports the result of a survey by The NDP Group concerning the eating habits of the people in the United States. Decline in dieters; Contents of foods that most dieters consider; Statistics on the take-out home of the average American family.
- Comfort food downfall. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb96, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p33
Reports that eating for comfort has a tranquilizing effect on dieters. Recommendation to dieters.
- VEG Out! Baird, Rod // Current Health 1;Jan2007, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p12
The article explores the concept of vegetarianism and gives tips on how to maintain being a vegetarian.
- Plant Life. Palacios, Monica // Lesbian News;Feb2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p27
Narrates the experience of the author on becoming a vegetarian. Influence of her girlfriend; Experimentation of alternative dishes; Reaction of her family on her diet transformation.
- MORE CARBS, FEWER POUNDS. Gullon, Monica; Hammers, Maryann // Shape;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p164
Presents a study which states that vegetarians--who typically consume less protein and fat but more carbs--tend to be slimmer than meat eaters.