Medicare: Trends in reimbursing hospital dental practices
- Antitrust officials crack down on dental plans. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;9/5/94, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p51
Reports on the efforts of Arizona state and federal law enforcement officials to stop anti-competitive contracts used by dental insurance plans. Possible effect of the antitrust settlement with Delta Dental Plan of Arizona Inc.; Background of the case against Delta Dental Plan; Regulation of...
- Improving cash flow: A focus on Medicare. Land, J. Talbot // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p50
Discusses ways to prevent delays in Medicare claims processing. Ancillary billing options; Improved methods of billing and record keeping.
- Groups ask for delays in Stark II. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;1/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p17
Reports on health groups' request for a declaration of a moratorium on postpayment denials for Medicare claims. `Stark II,' as the law preventing hospitals from submitting claims for certain health services; Moratorium on the reporting requirement for financial relationships under the law.
- You can resolve Medicare denied claims in timely, inexpensive ways. Wax, Abraham; DeBoer, Arthur // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;7/24/95, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p1
Presents guidelines in resolving several cases of Medicare denied claims with a minimum of expense and difficulty. Request for review; Request for a fair hearing; Submit documentation; Give Medicare the reasons for the review or repeal; Request an appeal to administrative law judge; Know the...
- Payment. Montague, Jim; Pitman, Hilarie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/96, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the computer programs for management of Medicare claims. Review by Leland Berkwits in `Medical Software Reviews'; Pricing and availability; Contact information.
- Winning at the numbers game. Manopoli, Vincent // Ophthalmology Times;7/10/95, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p5
Presents options on the handling of Medicare billing by physicians. UPIN numbers; Provider identification number; Group numbers for multiple physicians; Taxpayer identification numbers; National provider identification number.
- National Claims History data base stores Medicare claims records. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring91, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p147
Reports on the development of the National Claims History (NCH) database that stores Medicare claims records. Organization of NCH into discrete data bases to support the varied requirements of users.
- `Docs reap Medicare windfall'. Rees, Michael K. // Modern Medicine;Dec94, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p3
Editorial. Comments on the reimbursement practices of Medicare. Charges on the influenza vaccine.
- National Provider Identifier finally takes effect. // Healthcare Risk Management;Sep2008, Vol. 30 Issue 9, special section p4
The article focuses on the effectivity of the mandatory use of the National Provider Identifier (NPI), which would standardize the system of Medicare claims, on May 23, 2008 in the U.S.