Indianapolis-area private high schools
- Little Rock. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/17/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p8
A quiz about the integration of the Little Rock Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas is presented.
- Show of Strength. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/17/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p8
A quiz related to the integration of the Little Rock Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas is presented.
- The new trend in graduation ceremonies: Letting the shy valedictorian off the hook. // Curriculum Review;Sep95, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p10
Highlights a `Los Angeles Times' newspaper article which reported a growing trend among high schools in the United States to hold contests to select a student graduation speaker, rather than automatically putting the class valedictorian on the podium.
- Degree not working? Check the warranty. // Curriculum Review;Apr96, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p6
Reports that the graduates of Portland, Oregon's North Clackamas high schools are equipped with warranties that they can return to school if they believe that they have not learned adequate basic skills.
- High marks for LI schools. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/11/95, Vol. 42 Issue 50, p38
Presents statistical information on the average cost per pupil at high schools in Long Island.
- Class war. Milne, Kirsty // New Statesman & Society;1/7/94, Vol. 7 Issue 284, p18
Reports on a proposed closure by the local education council of the Mitchell High School in England. Basis of evaluation; Service in deprived area; Challenge of teachers; Issue of added value; Predicament from school mergers and closures; Repercussions of closure.
- Facilities profiles. Moser, Robert // Tech Directions;May95, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p60
Profiles the Reavis High School Technology Center in Burbank, Illinois. Designers and consultants; Floor plans; Cost; Unique features; Facility areas and programs.
- Washtenaw Technical Middle College--high school for the high tech. Vandenberg, Victoria // Tech Directions;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on plans to create an alternative high school in Washtenaw County, Michigan. Preparation of ninth through twelfth graders for technical careers; Students and curriculum; Recruitment process.
- `Silicon high.' O.E.D // Technology & Learning;Mar98, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p66
Presents information on `Silicon Valley's High School' in San Jose, California, opened to prepare student for the needs of area technology companies. Features of the school; Information on the location scheduled for the school; Contact information.
- Report calls for personal touch in high school. Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;2/28/96, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p9
Focuses on the report `Breaking Ranks: Changing an American Institution,' a joint project by Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and the National Association of Secondary Principals released in February 1996. Reports' exhortation for high schools to evolve into smaller...