Better skills--Better schools
- Training by staff, for staff. // NEA Today;Sep94, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p16
Presents the tactics of the Missouri-based Pattonville Support-National Education Association (PSNEA) in providing professional development to its school staff members. Formation of a 12-member support staff development committee to represent support workers such as bus drivers and custodians;...
- Asthma. Buchanan, Bruce // American School Board Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 192 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on the efforts of school districts for dealing with asthma cases among students in the U.S. Consequences of the zero-tolerance movement designed to combat illegal drugs in schools for asthma patients; List of states which laws allowing students to carry and use asthma inhalers,...
- Selected major goals for staff development in schools. Ediger, Marlow // Education;Winter95, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p192
Focuses on factors and goals to consider in staff development in schools. Requirements in staff development; Areas of staff development; Guidelines to follow.
- I'd Like To But I Don't Think I Can. Erickson, Lawrence G. // Educational Leadership;Dec81, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p194
Focuses on the technique of nominal group process that can improve staff development in schools by bringing into the open factors that inhibit change. Preparation that is required for the implementation of the technique; Steps involved in the nominal group process; Common constraints in staff...
- One minute management. Blanchard, Kenneth // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p37
Enumerates the rules to follow in order to make training effective for teachers, teacher-librarians and school administrators. Setting learning goals prior to training; Use of real-life applications in the training; Following up on learnings; Sharing an action plan for doing things differently...
- Mastering the tasks at hand. // NEA Today;Sep96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on training programs for school support employees. Site-based maintenance; Provision of service to school districts and students; First-aid courses.
- The importance of vision. // NEA Today;Apr95, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p37
Features organizational specialist Sal Varela. Training workshop for school employees; Technique for motivation; Use of strategic planning.
- Hang-Ups of Introducing Computer Technology. Garcia, Robert // T H E Journal;Sep98, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p65
Deals with the hurdles encountered in starting training sessions in computer technology for 54 employees at Carpenter Elementary school in Deer Park, Texas. Most difficult hurdle to get over; Recap of the steps that were necessary to clear the hurdle; Area of concern pointed out to overcome the...
- Taking over. // NEA Today;Sep93, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
Presents an interview with Linda Friestad, vice president of the Mesa (Arizona) Education Support Personnel Association. Start of professional growth committee; Number of education support personnel (ESP) members; Help to make school employees do a better job; Involvement in school reform.