New edgebandings match popular laminates
Tags: LAMINATED wood
- Laminating seminars `floor' audience. // Wood & Wood Products;Nov96, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p14
Reports on technical laminating seminars held at the Holiday Inn O'Hare near Chicago, highlighting a floor session that was done. Components of the session; Details on exhibits which were displayed.
- Red maple lumber resources for glued-laminated timber beams. Janowiak, John J.; Manbeck, Harvey B. // Forest Products Journal;Apr97, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p55
Presents test evaluation results for red maple structural glued-laminated (glulam) beams manufactured from two different lumber resources. Two types of red maple glulam beam combinations that were evaluated; Estimated property values of red maple lumber; Loading configurations for bending and...
- WOOD I-BEAMS + FIRE = DISASTER. White, Brian // Fire Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p116
Focuses on the burning characteristics of laminated wood I-beams and risks involved in fire conditions on the lives of firefighters. Acceleration of fire spread; Backdraft condition of the wood; Potential for an early collapse.
- Glulam: Surviving high timber prices. Grogan, Tim // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/30/97, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p29
Reports on impact of lumber price increase on the laminated wood industry in the United States. Raw material cost for glue laminated beams; Tariff on Canadian lumber imports; Cost-effective engineering in production of laminated wood products.
- EFFECTS OIF WOOD-PRESERVATIVE TREATMENTS ON MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF E-GLASS/PHENOLIC PULTRUDED COMPOSITE REINFORCEMENT FOR WOOD. Tascioglu, Cihat; Goodell, Barry; Lopez-Anido, Roberto // Forest Products Journal;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 52 Issue 11/12, p53
Presents information on a study that investigated the impact of common preservative chemicals including oilborne and acid- and amine-based waterborne treatments on laminated timbers reinforced with fiber-reinforced polymer material. Research materials and methods; Results and discussion on the...
- The effect of juvenile wood and lay-up practices on various properties of radiata pine laminated... Harding, O. Victor; Orange, Robert P. // Forest Products Journal;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p63
Presents information on the results of a study which indicate that the inclusion of juvenile wood in the production of radiata pine laminated veneer lumber (LVL) do not reduce the overall stiffness of the LVL. Background of the study; Methodology; LVL billet manufacture; Results and discussion;...
- Laminates. // Architectural Record;Dec1994, Vol. 182 Issue 12, p147
Presents information on Formica Corp.'s laminated wood products. Description; Applications; Product literature; Contact information.
- Flooring, Laminate. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p157
The article lists the estimated costs for laminate flooring which includes Pergo and Dupont laminate wood floors.
- Laminated wood flooring. // Better Homes & Gardens;Oct93, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p157
Presents ideas on installation of prefinished laminated wood floors. Plywood sandwich layers; Non-requirement of specialized tools; Adhesives and gluing; Foam underlayments; Cleaning and maintenance.