The Portable Planner
- Advisers get wake-up call. McKenna, Ian // Money Marketing;10/31/2002, p38
Discusses the importance for independent financial advisers in Great Britain to take a scientific approach to managing their clients' investments. Restructure of operating methods; Adoption of new ways of working with the use of technology.
- Improve Efficiency by Increasing Adoption Rates. Skiles, Dan // Investment Advisor;Jan2016, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p42
The article discusses what advice firms need to do before buying new technology solutions in 2016. It is common to purchase new systems as part of the year's goals for one's firm from a technology perspective. However, advisors often miss opportunities to increase adoption among their clients...
- Laptops may be link to 3G apps, services. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p1
Explores the convergence of wireless laptop computers and handheld devices as a possible transition stage before third-generation applications and services attain full bloom. Impact of the convergence on telecommunication carriers; Advantages of the convergence between the 802.11 standard-based...
- What's New. Klein, Alana // University Business;Feb2005, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p67
Evaluates several technological products. TransPort T1200 notebook computer from MPC Computers; Xsan storage area network field system from Apple; Tungsten T5 handheld from palmOne.
- Ban or Boost Student-Owned Technology? Johnson, Doug // School Administrator;Nov2004, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p9
Discusses concerns regarding the advantages and disadvantages of technologies personally owned by students. Cellular telephones; Handheld computers; Wireless laptop computers.
- Products. // Wheels;May2004, p137
Introduces several electronic devices as of May 2004. Samsung PDA SPH-i700; Road Angel electronic driver aid; Navman GPS iCN 630 V2 portable satellite navigation; BenQ 6000N Joybook V3 laptop.
- Cool Tools. Shaw, Keith // Network World;10/20/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p62
Evaluates three high-technology devices. Sprint Corp.'s Handspring Treo 600 personal digital assistant; Sharp Systems of America's Sharp Actius RD3D notebook computer; D-Link Systems' DI-624 four-port wireless router.
- The headache of PDAs. // Computer Weekly;7/1/2003, p28
The headaches experienced by IT managers in the 1980s when end-users bought PC on petty cash for business use have returned with a vengeance with personal digital assistants. Managing the influx of PDA into end-user departments is the hottest topic being debated on the Corporate IT Forum's...
- Dawn of the Netbook. Mitra, Kushan // Business Today;9/20/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p108
The article offers information on the success of netbooks in India. It states that information technology enthusiasts are supporting the netbooks because of its affordability and mobility compared to a mid-range laptop and features applications that are hosted by servers on the internet. It also...