When It Comes to College Funding, Planners Need to Go Back to School
- Soul Searching and the Authentic Practice. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p26
The author presents the lessons he learned in managing client's plans and goals. He mentions on his challenges as a father who decides for the college education of her daughter. As a financial advisor, he cites several instances where he encountered being valued and disregard by his clients. He...
- School-College Change. // Education Digest;Oct1973, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p68
This article focuses on the report "Continuity and Discontinuity: Higher Education and the Schools," by Carnegie Commission on Higher Education. In the report, the Commission declares that the time has come to reform the college admissions process by which more than 2 million students move from...
- On Realizing It's Worse Than I Thought. // Journal of College Admission;Winter2009, Issue 202, p14
An essay is presented on competition of college admission among high school students in the U.S. It provides history of the school admission process in the U.S. and illustrates the various remarkable moments of students during the application process. The author relates his first experience in...
- Countdown to College Cash. // Campus Life;Dec99, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p14
Presents a schedule of financial aid deadlines, scholarship due dates and other school-related matters for incoming college students in the United States as of December 1999. Significance of timing; Emphasis on obtaining good grades; Application financial aid requirements.
- My View from Application Mountain. Moring, Mark // Campus Life;Oct2000, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p68
Provides an overview of the college application process. Categories of college application; Tips about filling in application forms; Typical essay questions; Code of conduct agreement; References.
- Why wait? Colleges try 'instant admission.' Clayton, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;12/11/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 13, p13
Focuses on a trend toward quicker college admission decisions, and how so-called instant admission can help prevent the long waiting period of students for a decision.
- THE APPLICATION. // Literary Cavalcade;Oct2002 Supplement, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p8
Discusses ways to craft a college application for students seeking admission in colleges. Selection of individuals' qualities; Guidelines for filling the application.
- Introduction. // Complete Guide to Writing Effective College Applications & Essay;2009, p16
An introduction to the book "Complete Guide to Writing Effective College Applications and Essays: Step-by-Step Instructions" by Kathy Hahn is presented.
- Terms for college admission. Winkelmann, Charlotte // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/3/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p3B
The article offers information on several terms in college admissions process which includes college readiness standards, college readiness academic indicators and common application.