ERISA Jurisdiction May Not Apply
- Retirement planning leaves most Americans drained, depressed. Silva, Chris // Employee Benefit News;Jan2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p50
The article discusses ways for employees to help workers meet their retirement goals in the U.S. People consider retirement planning as a joyless and depressing exercise according to behavioral economics professor Dan Ariely. The Pension Protection Act of 2006 validates plan features such as...
- ERISA Fiduciary Responsibilities and Registered Investment Advisors. Geller, Sheldon M. // CPA Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p56
The article presents information on the responsibilities of plan sponsors as Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) fiduciaries. ERISA fiduciaries must discharge their duties for the exclusive benefit of plan participants. Plan sponsors retaining registered investment advisors (RIA) may...
- Enjoying Retirement with a 5% Investment Return. Stevens, Sue // Morningstar Practical Finance;Aug2007, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p7
The article discusses how to evaluate the financial feasibility of investment and retirement income in the U.S. According to the author, using funding analysis is important in forecasting the stability and amount to be generates wherein assessing projection is needed to predict one's stock...
- Retirement: Plan for More Than Money! Chasen, Jerry // Journal of Practical Estate Planning;Dec2007, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p23
The article describes a model for retirement planning that can be used by clients in coming up with the most fulfilling and productive aspect of their lives. Retirement is found to be more than just an issue of money. Its underlying stressfulness seems to be caused by three factors. They refer...
- Nearing retirement? Give yourself a financial check-up. Fay, W. David // Inside Tucson Business;11/9/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p17
The article offers advices on how retirees plan financially for a retirement. It states that it is important to examine the finances and inventory of retirements funds five to seven years before retiring so to give time to make adjustments to help meet the goals when retirement comes. It...
- Regaining control. Dyer, Glenn // B&T Weekly;11/19/2004 Supplement, p22
Provides tips for retirement planning in Australia. Options available at the Taxation Office website like do-it-yourself; Considerations for using retrenchment payment; Investment strategy.
- 9 SCENARIOS FOR THE FUTURE. McGee, Suzanne // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p80
Offers recommendations on several cases involving financial management. Advice on the plans of a married couple to purchase a vacation property; Factors to be considered by a couple with retirement assets; Ways of divesting stocks with minimized taxes.
- The Magic Number. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p117
Discusses issues concerning the management of retirement assets. Basis of retirement age for financial planners; Factors to be considered by financial advisors in planning retirement finances; Challenges faced by advisors in retirement planning. INSET: The Wealth Gap.
- What Drives Innovation? Powell, Robert // Financial Planning;Oct2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, following p64
The article presents questions and answers related to financial planning in the retirement age, including innovations in retirement income industry and its drivers, "best in class" products, and finding the right advisors.