Worst over in Albania?
- The Albanian house of cards. Abrahams, Fred // Dollars & Sense;Jul/Aug97, Issue 212, p11
Looks at economic conditions in Albania. Picture painted of economic conditions there in 1993; Factors on which the `success' of the economy was based on; How the collapse of the pyramid schemes has revealed the farcical nature of Albania's economic development; Analysis of the superficial...
- Letter from Albania. Flint, Julie // New Statesman & Society;2/19/93, Vol. 6 Issue 240, p11
Examines current conditions in Albania, where the residents struggle to survive in the poorest country in Europe. Lack of food and supplies; Industry at a standstill; Ecological disaster; Sense of purpose in spite of poverty; Former dictator Enver Hoxha; The 700,000 bunkers that Hoxha built;...
- ECONOMIC OVERVIEW. // Albania Country Review;2007, p65
The article presents information on the Albanian economy.
- How far from central planning to a market economy? McDowell, George R. // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1997 2nd quarter, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p13
No abstract available.
- Troubled Albania remains illegal freeway into Europe. Drake, James // Christian Science Monitor;2/9/98, Vol. 90 Issue 51, p6
Comments on Albania as a transit station for economic refugees from the third world who are seeking economic prosperity in Europe. The Schengen Accord, a treaty which virtually abolished border controls in the European Union, and how it impacts Albania; Speculation as to why the vast amounts of...
- ALBANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p7
Reports economic and political developments in Albania as of August 2002. Agreement between the ruling Socialist Party and the Opposition Democratic Party; Increase of the electricity imports; Acquisition of the Poverty Reduction and Growth Facility.
- Europe's dirtiest nation? Albania piled with trash. Woodard, Colin // Christian Science Monitor;1/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 29, p5
Discusses the environmental problems in Albania. Breakdown of the trash disposal system; Effects of deforestation; Import of nuclear waste into the country; Other problems facing Albania.
- Country Overview. // Albania Country Review;2011, preceding p1
The article presents an overview on the population, political and economic condition of Albania in 2011.
- Bibliography. // Albania Country Review;2011, p232
A bibliography on the subject concerning the political, economic, and social conditions of Albania is presented including the " Current Leaders of Nations," edited by Jennifer Mossman, "The Economist Magazine" and http://www.lib.umich.edu/govdocs/foreign.html.