- Treasured Islands. Thomas, Les // Southern Living;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p104
The article describes the islands of Captiva and Sanibel in Florida. Some of the hotels are the Song of the Sea and the South Seas Island Resort. An interior wetlands ecosystem in included in the diverse wildlife habitat. There are also trails around the Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation...
- Eco-tourism-the light at the end of the terminal? Kallen, Christian // E: The Environmental Magazine;Jul/Aug1990, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p37
No abstract available.
- Call for politicians to clarify eco-rules. Ferguson, Martin // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/8/2010, Issue 2895, p22
The article reports that the people related to the corporate travel in Great Britain have urged political leaders to provide guidance to the travel industry on the rules to reduce its environmental impact.
- Imagine Niagara. Schneekloth, Lynda H.; Shibley, Robert G. // Journal of Canadian Studies;Fall2005, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p105
This article presents a description of the place that is Niagara. The Niagara River is a clean strait connecting the Great Lakes as it thunders over the falls, generates power, and provides habitat for multiple forms of life. Imagine a place where inhabitants and tourist marvel at the depth and...
- ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS IN PROTECTING URBAN SIT AREAS --THE MERSIN -CITY CENTER- EXAMPLE. Dizdar, Safiye Irem // International Journal of Applied Science & Technology;Jan2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p116
In every settlement there are problems concerning environmental factors when the settlement, or parts of it, are designated a sit area. The most important characteristic that separates the problems of urban sit areas from other areas is that they have assets that cannot be renewed once they have...
- The small mammal fauna of Reserve Speciale d'Analamazaotra, Madagascar: the effects of human disturbance on endemic species diversity Stephenson, P. J. // Biodiversity & Conservation;Dec1993, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p603
No abstract available.
- Blood is thicker... Coward, Ros // Ecologist;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the ecological crisis in Murcia, Spain caused by water shortage resulting from tourism and intensive agriculture. Description of urban development; Impact of golf courses on water use; Tensions caused by developments and intensive agriculture.
- ï¿½rhus. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals (00494577);7/16/2004 Supp Denmark, p12
The article reports on ï¿½rhus city, which is on the east coast of Jutland. Tourism is playing an increasingly important role in& Aring; rhus, Denmark's second biggest city, with both Maersk Air and Ryanair flying there from London. With a high proportion of students, it is a relaxed place...
- Odense. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals (00494577);7/16/2004 Supp Denmark, p14
The article discusses about the city of Odense, which is famous for its fairy tales but it is a very real and exciting city. Denmark's third largest city is the capital of the green and gently rolling island of Funen, also known as the Garden of Denmark. Odense has over a thousand years of...