`Nuclear lightbulb' creates electricity
- A generalized approach to surface photovoltage. Liu, Q.; Ruda, H. E.; Chen, G. M.; Simard-Normandin, M. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/15/96, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p7790
Presents information on a study which examined a carrier current balance model for surface photovoltage. Details of the theoretical model employed in the study; Discussion; Conclusion.
- A new side to solar panels. Fritz, Sandy // Popular Science;Jul93, Vol. 243 Issue 1, p42
Reports that a leading German supplier of glass products has banded with a team of building contractors and architects to pioneer a building product that incorporates photovoltaic solar cells into glass sliding. Benefits of the panels; Specifics on Optisol, manufactured by Koln-based Flachglas...
- An appropriate energy source for Africa. // South African Journal of Science;Jan98, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the benefits from the use of photovoltaic power generation in South Africa. Factors in improving the quality of life in Africa; Efforts of the Physics Department of Rand Afrikaans University; Investigation of the processing technology and properties of sputtered alpha-Si.
- Texas PV coalition speeds development. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Jan97, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the formation of the Texas PV Coalition to accelerate the commercial availability of photovoltaic (PV) systems as a service alternative to extending utility lines. Member companies of the coalition; Coalition's goal to develop the necessary experience and infrastructure for utilities...
- Photovoltaic guidelines. // European Power News;Sep98, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the draft Great Britain guidelines for the connection of photovoltaic (PV) generators to distribution networks which were circulated for comment in March 1998 and are due to be published by the end of 1998. Benefits of the guidelines to operators of PV generators.
- FLOUR CITY COMPLETES PROTOTYPE OF WIRELESS PHOTOVOLTAIC PANEL. // CEE News;Jul2000, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p7
Reports the completion of a prototype for wireless photovoltaic (PV) panels at Flour City International Inc., a manufacturer and installer of non-bearing custom exterior curtainwall systems in Kingsport, Tennessee. Functions of the patent-pending technology; Miniaturization of the technology...
- Garden, PV systems take green roofing to next level. Hasan, Riaz // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;May2008, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on the growing demand for garden and photovoltaic (PV) roofing systems in Europe, Canada, Asia, and in the U.S. and discusses the benefits it offers to companies.
- Here comes the sun. Patterson, Joel; Marsel, Steve // Garbage;Apr/May93, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p46
Features how photovoltaic (PV) or solar power works. PV's ability to mesh with the modern technology; Features of PV panels; Areas where PV power is cost-effective; Author's experiences with PV power in his Vermont home; Directory of PV power provider; Prospect for the future.
- A place in the sun. Webster, Michael // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Jun93, Vol. 18 Issue 109, p62
Features the photovoltaic (PV) powered homes of Leonard Allen in Seagrave and of the couple Jean Stawarz and Gary Farmer in Tamworth, Ontario. Thumbnail profile of Allen; Impressions of PV power; PV panels and deep-discharge batteries; Farmer and Stawarz's PV panels and wind-driven generator;...