Last time for taps
- US Expanding Alternative Bases in Gulf. Puttr�, Michael // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the expansion and improvement of U.S. air bases throughout the Middle East. Effort to prepare several of the Gulf Corporation Council members' facilities to handle combat jets and command and control centers; List of countries being prepared by the U.S.; Plan to establish a...
- Up from the Sea. Dendy, John B. // Airman;Aug2002, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p8
Features a tiny island in the Indian Ocean that serves as an isolated air terminal for warplanes used by the U.S. in its war against the Al Qaeda in Afghanistan called Operation Enduring Freedom. Role as a stationary aircraft carrier; Activities of airmen and crews on the island.
- A Base Reborn. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p40
Focuses on the MacDill Air Force Base in Florida. Impact of the United States' showdown with Haiti in late 1994 on the strategic value of the base; Goal of the base's Air Mobility Command Year of the Enlisted Force and Year of the Family programs; Role of civilian workers in the proposition for...
- Five-Year Plan. // Time;10/6/1958, Vol. 72 Issue 14, p27
The article focuses on the negotiation initiated by the U.S. in order to retrieve its overseas bases in Morocco. It states that the U.S. aims to get its five significant bases in Morocco including the Air Command's B-47 fields and naval air station due to nationalist pressure and lost of the...
- US pushes ahead with military bases construction. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/14/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 46, p10
Reports on the plan of the U.S. to establish military bases in Iraq. Number of military bases that will be established; Cost of the military bases; Locations of the military bases; Approximate date for the request for proposals.
- In the Right Place. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p36
Focuses on the MacDill Air Force Base in Florida and its strategic value for the United States (US) military. Contributions of Haiti in increasing the base's strategic value; Role MacDill will play in the US military activity in Latin America; Impact of the end of the Panama Canal Treaty on...
- The Options for Battle. // Newsweek;10/15/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 16, p52
Focuses on theoretical possibilities for following up a bombing campaign against Afghanistan by the United States with regard to the terrain of the region and political affiliations among Arab countries. Agreement by the Uzbekistan government to allow the use of an airbase by the U.S.;...
- Crisis in Kosovo. Arana-Barradas, Louis // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p46
Reports on the role of the United States Air Force on the crisis in Kosovo, Serbia. Details on the aircrafts involved in the conflict; Comments from Staff Sergeant Tim Morrison of Aviano Air Base in Italy; Significance of Air Force personnel in helping refugees.
- F-15s Counter Bear H Flights. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/11/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 24, p43
Reports that the United States Air Force is shifting its specially modified F-15C aircrafts to forward bases in Alaska. Response to the Russian air force's deployment of Tu-95 Bear H aircraft to bases in Siberia; Avionics and other equipment that were added to the modified F-15C aircraft of the...