Northern States Power upgrades 500-kV system
- NSP expands use of ICCP. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul98, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p18
Reports on Northern States Power Co.'s (NSP) plan to expands its use of Inter-Control Center Communications Protocol (ICCP) to substations and distribution automation using LiveData ICCP servers. Analysis of ICCP; Reason for NSP's decision to expand its use of ICCP; Evaluation of LiveData ICCP.
- Longest submarine cable injected with silicone. // Electrical World;Apr96, Vol. 210 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the length of the submarine cable operated by Northern States Power Company which is situated under the Lake Superior, North America. When a particular high-molecular-weight polyethylene (HMWPE), jute-bundled, steel armored cable was installed; When another cable was installed and...
- Utility offers maintenance rebate. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/6/93, Vol. 190 Issue 14, p36
Reports on the Preventive Maintenance Rebate offered by Northern States Power Co. (NSP) to business customers. Commissioning of outside contractors to perform preventive maintenance on rooftop and chiller air conditioning and refrigeration systems; Addition to series of energy-saving programs...
- NSP offers solar electricity to Minn. homeowners. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/5/96, Vol. 198 Issue 14, p12
Reports on Northern States Power Co.'s launching of its EnergyWise Solar Advantage Program to offer residential customers in Minnesota a chance to generate emissions-free solar electricity in their homes. Use of rooftop solar panels; How the program works.
- Utility rebates encourage CFC conversion. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Nov93, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p82
Reports on the Northern States Power (NSP) Company's offer of utility rebate designated for converting centrifugal chillers to non-chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) refrigerants. Inclusions in NSP's offer; Capacity reduction; Qualifications for rebate.
- Energy providers? Business consultants! Davies, Grant; Lewis, Thomas // Electric Perspectives;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p22
Features Northern States Power's (NSP) consultative account management (CAM) for its customers. Development and testing; Formation of teams; Issues tackled; Training workshops; Account planning with customers; Projects; Formation of larger teams; Broadening of scope.
- Northern States Power: Strength beyond the dividend. Hackney, Holt // FW;10/12/93, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the financial status of Northern States Power. Shares and stock prices; Opinion of utility analyst Nathan Partain; Skepticism on the projections.
- NSP controls generation and T&D in single control center. Hansen, Teresa // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p16
Reports that Northern States Power Company (NSP) started using an electric system control center that combines generation, transmission and distribution (T&D) in one location. Functions and design of control center; Technologies involved in control center; Benefits to NSP; Comments from NSP...
- NSP to install wireless network meter reading system. Hansen, Teresa // Electric Light & Power;Nov96, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p23
Presents that Northern States Power Company (NSP) in Saint Paul, Minnesota will be the nation's first major utility to integrate electric meters, gas meters and distribution automation (DA) into a single data collection network. Company that will be providing NSP's Network Meter Reading (NMR)...