Will you have enough money when you need it?
Tags: ESTATE planning
- The Changing Face of Estate Planning. Sanderson, Richard R.; Clifford, Dawn C. // Advisor Today;Apr2003, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p50
Describes changes in the process of estate planning in the U.S. Use of single-owned survivorship trusts; Federal laws affecting estate planning; Solutions to estate-liquidity problems.
- Future planning. Smith, George; Robinson, Grant // CA Magazine;Mar1997, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p37
Presents a guideline that provides effective estate planning to owner-manager clients. Professional advisers; Succession plan memorandum; Organization chart; Wills/trusts/powers of attorney/shareholders' agreement; Statement of net worth; Estate planning template; Insurance information; List of...
- Plan to 'reactivate' tax-delinquent sites. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;1/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p31
Proposes a program by the Cook County, Illinois assessor's office to redevelop tax-delinquent properties. Steps taken to attract redevelopment proposals; Features of the previously launched tax-reactivation program; Communities participating in the program; Executive director of the program,...
- Avoiding estate planning malpractice. Oliver, Joseph R.; Granstaff, Charles A. // CPA Journal;June97, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p32
Presents ten of the most common trouble spots in the practice of estate planning by certified public accountants (CPAs) and how to effectively deal with them. Relying solely on unlimited marital deduction; Allowing surviving spouse unlimited access to trust; Noncoordination of probate and...
- Planning the director's estate. Phillips, David T. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 13 Issue 75, p9
No abstract available.
- Tips on investing. Wiesel, Henry; Sciannamea, Mike // Electronic Design;9/18/95, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p64FF
Presents a number of strategic planning steps inorder to minimize or even eliminate estate settlement costs and ensure that one's assets are distributed according to one's wishes.
- Estate planning: What, me worry? Sullivan, Thomas C. // Franchising World;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p62
Presents information on estate planning. Importance to business owners; Property disposition planning; Estate tax; Retirement.
- Seminar on elder law, estate planning. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/11/95, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p16
Reports on a seminar entitled `How to Protect a Lifetime of Hard Work,' on September 14, 1995 on elder law and estate planning in Smithtown, Long Island. Issues to be discussed; Contact information.
- Estate planning with limited liability companies. Solomon, Michael L.; Schutter, Mark E. // Ohio CPA Journal;Jun94, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p50
Discusses the estate tax planning advantages of a limited liability corporation (LLC) over corporations or partnerships.
- How to transfer wealth and maintain control of your assets. Stengel, Stuart S. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/21/94, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p45
Discusses ways to transfer personal assets without losing control of wealth through Family Limited Partnerships. Effective estate planning vehicle; Relevant rules and policies; Advantages and disadvantages.