Jan: one story many truths
Tags: MULTIPLE sclerosis
- Living with MS. Dalfonso, D. // Cosmopolitan;Jan1992, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p100
Recounts the author's experiences being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Overview of the symptoms of the disease; Lack of information in the medical community as to its causes and the factors that affect its course; Impact on her family life; Efforts to control the disease; Learning to live...
- The puzzling picture of multiple sclerosis. Patlak, M. // FDA Consumer;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p17
Reports on multiple sclerosis (MS), a debilitating ailment that afflicts 8,000 Americans each year and whose cause and cure are unknown. MS develops when nerves in the brain and spinal column lose their protective coating, called Myelin, resulting in numbness, double vision, paralysis, or pain....
- Undetected food allergies are often behind many of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. Mandell, Marshall // Health News & Review;1993, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p15
Reveals that a multiple sclerosis patient's symptoms may be alleviated by recognizing allergic nervous system sensitivities. Experiences with a particular patient; Conclusion of Theron G. Randolph on the approach; William Rea's similar in-hospital experiences.
- Multiple sclerosis. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;Spring90, Issue 54, p5
Answers queries about the multiple sclerosis (MS) diseases by embracing the concept that brain function and its link to the central nervous system are nutritionally entwined. Causes of the disease; Hereditary factors; Dietary prescriptions to reduce MS severity; Effect on sexual desires; Other...
- MS: What it is, what it does, what works against it. // RN;Jul95, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p49
Reports that half a million Americans suffer from multiple sclerosis (MS). Possibility of a genetic predisposition to MS; Appearance of symptoms between the ages of 15 and 45; Difficulty in diagnosing MS.
- A new perspective. // Shape;Nov92, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p46
Recounts how the author lost 18 pounds several years ago, after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Tells how she keeps in shape and maintains her healthy lifestyle.
- Challenging MS. Shephard, J. // Women's Sports & Fitness;May92, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p20
Describes how athletes with multiple sclerosis, like cyclist Mo Manley and pro racquetball player Lynn Adams, take on both the competition and their disease. Symptoms; Lowering stress; Exercise precautions; Promising treatments; Information resources.
- Multiple sclerosis linked with trauma in court case. Christie, Bryan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/16/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7067, p1228
Reports that damages have been awarded to a policeman who developed multiple sclerosis following whiplash injuries in a road accident. Details and background of the case; Medical opinion on the case; Controversy over the role of trauma in multiple sclerosis.
- A quick look at prescription mail order plans. // Inside MS;Summer92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p10
Evaluates and compares three prescription mail order plan programs in terms of products, savings, services, convenience, delivery and billing. American Preferred Plan (APP); Athena Rx Home Pharmacy; America's Pharmacy, The National Multiple Sclerosis Society Pharmacy Service.