Tags: OHGA, Norio
- Exec led Sony into showbiz. Schilling, Mark // Daily Variety;4/25/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 15, p16
An obituary for Norio Ohga, former president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Sony Corp., is presented.
- Maverick Innovators. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/2/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p3
The article reflects on the death of Norio Ohga, former president and chairman of Sony, and discusses his legacy.
- The death of "Mr Sony.". // Classical Recordings Quarterly;Summer2011, Issue 65, p59
The article presents an obituary for Norio Ohga, former president and chairman of Sony Corp.
- Power shift at Sony Corp. Robinson, Gwen; Cox, Dan // Variety;3/27/95, Vol. 358 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the succession of Nobuyuki Idei as president of Sony Corp. in Japan. Failure of Sony Picture Entertainment to succeed in the Japanese market; Comments from Norio Ohga, former president of Sony Corp. Limitation of budget for Hollywood films as a part of Sony's strategy; Idei's...
- Sony: No reorganization. McClure, Steve; Jeffrey, Don // Billboard;02/15/97, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p57
Clarifies remarks made by Sony Corporation chairman Norio Ohga about a major company reorganization. The priorities of the offices in Tokyo, Japan and New York, New York; The role of Sony Corp. of America.
- Sony Veteran Norio Ohga Passes. // Residential Systems;Jun2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p10
An obituary for veteran Norio Ohga of Sony Corp. is presented.
- Ohga now stands alone atop Sony Corp. McClure, Steve // Billboard;12/17/94, Vol. 106 Issue 51, p77
Reports that the resignation of Akio Morita as chairman has left president/CEO Norio Ohga alone at the helm of global media giant Sony Corporation. Reason for Morita's resignation; Vacancy of the chairmanship post until Ohga takes it on; Financial standing of the firm.
- Sony: Record Quarter; Ohga Exits. Benz, Matthew; McClure, Steve // Billboard;2/8/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the profits of Sony Corp. Profits that were a result of the company's film results; Decline in music sales and operating income; Retirement of Norio Ohga as chairman of the board and director of Sony; Career of Ohga; Appointment of chief executive officer Nobuyuki Idei as interim...
- `We have lost a very important player.' Solomon, Jolie; McKillop, Peter // Newsweek;12/13/1993, Vol. 122 Issue 24, p50
Comments on the effect of a stroke suffered last week by Akio Morita, 72, cofounder and chairman of Sony Corp. Morita as the epitome of the transnational executive; Japan Inc.; Keidanren; Strategy of Morita's successor, Norio Ohga; Comment by Robert Orr Jr. of Nippon Motorola Ltd. in Tokyo.