- If we said that 93.4% of people will trust what this man says, would you believe us? Hepburn, John // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec97, Issue 7, p10
Discusses how statistics can sometimes be misleading. Statistics reported in the July/August 1997 issue of `Manager'; Conclusions that can be made from the statistics; Question about the existence of correlation; Importance of a healthy and informed skepticism when faced with any statistics.
- Structural equation modeling in environmental risk assessment Buncher, C. R.; Dietrich, K. N.; Succop, P. A. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jan1991, Vol. 90, p209
No abstract available.
- Iraq, then and now. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/18/95, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p22
Compares Iraq and Kuwait in 1995, five years after the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq. Statistics from the United Nations International Institute for Strategic Studies; Changes in population; Increases in the number of Iraq's troops, tanks and fighter planes; Inflation rates; The two countries'...
- Playing with numbers. Newman, George // Across the Board;Jan1997, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p51
Warns how some quantitative information actually provides distorted data that should be examined. Analysis on the importance of college degree based on the statistics; Four possibilities when two sets of data correlate education and income; Equating correlation with causation; Green stocks and...
- Statistics corner. Duncan, Joseph W. // Business Economics;Apr93, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p59
Outlines some of the background and philosophy of a 1976 effort to prepare a document for revitalizing the federal statistical system after the 1976 elections. History of federal statistics prior to 1976; Requirements for setting priorities in statistical programs; Statistics under the Carter...
- NH Rankings. // Business NH Magazine;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p90
The article presents statistics related to the rankings of New Hampshire in terms of student debts, public health and unemployment rate.
- Chapter I: Country Overview. // Ukraine Country Review;2000, p4
Provides key data concerning the country called Ukraine as of July 1, 2000, including boundaries, coastline, population, largest cities, climate, average daily temperature, religions, languages, currency, exchange rate and national holidays.
- Organizing official statistics for the 21st century. Cook, Len; McDonald, Sandra // Government Information Quarterly;1996, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p275
Looks at New Zealand's organization of official statistics for the 21st Century. Prime objective of the official statistical offices; Distinct markets for official statistics in New Zealand; Revenue and profitability in the markets; Information on census data for the markets.
- New classifications mean city's metro area shifted. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p40
Reports that Brown County and Putnam County have joined the Indianapolis Metropolitan Statistical Area. Commuting patterns and income flows; Experiences of other Indiana counties.
- Wake up, Brown County, you're now part of Indianapolis. Barkey, Patrick M. // Indiana Business Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p6
Reveals that Brown County is joining Putnam County as two of the newest members of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) in Indiana, according to a report by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis. Commuting patterns and income flows recorded in sensus responses; Differences in the...