Death comes to the chaplain: Lawrence Lynch of Okinawa
Tags: LYNCH, Lawrence
- CHAPTER 17: Death and Dying. // Mayo Clinic Family Health Book;2003, p315
This chapter deals with the issue of death and dying. The reaction to death depends on its circumstances and personal beliefs and cultural influences. It is important to realize that death is different from the process of dying. Death is an end-point when life ceases. But dying is the final part...
- The Essentials. // Saturday Evening Post;11/3/1945, Vol. 218 Issue 18, p4
Focuses on the three items of U.S. life being missed by a Japanese who had spent most of his life in the U.S. during World War II, as told to U.S. Navy chaplain Lieutenant Lawrence Lacour. Soap; White shirt; "The Saturday Evening Post" periodical.
- Book reviews: American. Durkin, Joseph T. // Catholic Historical Review;Jul1993, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p574
Reviews the book `Memoirs of Chaplain Life: Three Years with the Irish Brigade in the Army of the Potomac,' by William Corby, edited by Lawrence Frederick Kohl.
- Book reviews: Social sciences. // Library Journal;12/15/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 21, p148
Reviews the book `Memoirs of Chaplain Life: Three Years with the Irish Brigade in the Army of the Potomac,` by William Corby, edited by Lawrence F. Kohl.
- Pere Lenoir of the Fourth Colonial. DUNNE, PETER M. // America;5/13/1922, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p83
The article focuses on Father Louis Lenoir, a chaplain of the Fourth Colonial who is described as the personification of charity. It is indicated that Lenoir was one of the Blackrobes whom Father Reville wrote about on April 9, 1922. He died in the Balkans, while Father William Doyle, an Irish...
- Lynchian to the end. T.B. // Entertainment Weekly;1/31/97, Issue 364, p67
Remembers actor Jack Nance, who died in December 1996. HIs role in the motion picture `Eraserhead,' directed by David Lynch; Other movies in which he appeared, including `Ghoulies,' `Barfly' and `Meatballs 4'; His eccentric life; The death of his wife, Kelly Van Dyke; Comments from Lynch.
- U. S. CHAPLAINS GO TO SCHOOL. Cleary, William D. // America;7/3/1943, Vol. 69 Issue 13, p347
The article focuses on the life of student chaplains at the U.S. Army Chaplain School at the Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The student chaplains follow the same rules of discipline which govern the soldiers. They receive extensive instruction in all aspects of the chaplain's...
- The art of dying: Aesthetics and palliative care. S�nchez-Camus, Roberto // Journal of Applied Arts & Health;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p155
The Art of Dying explores the function of arts integration into the management of death. The article focuses on a practitioner's point of view as a Community Artist at St Christopher's Hospice in London. Looking at how the death process itself functions as a transitory and liminal phase in life,...
- Malawi: Controversy over president's death. Jamali, Prince // New African;Aug/Sep2012, Issue 520, p44
The article focuses on the controversy over the death Malawi's former president Bingu wa Mutharika. It says that the family members of Bingu wa Mutharika and President Joyce Banda has ensued over an investigation into the circumstances in which Mathurika had died. It says Banda has instituted a...