A total body stretch at work
- Exercise isn't just for fun. // Aging;1991, Issue 362, p37
Discusses the positive health effects of regular physical activity for the elderly. The easy exercises that can be employed; Benefit to the heart; Decrease in hip fractures; Delay in some mental health problems. INSET: Resources for shaping up..
- A simple way to change how you feel. Khaniutin, A. // Body Bulletin;Feb1992, p2
Describes a relatively simple exercise to change the way you feel about certain things, including how you feel around strangers or making the decision to exercise. The principal, called `Act as though,' does just that. If you want to feel happy, act as though you are happy, etc. `Acting as...
- How to rescue yourself from a flabby lifestyle. // Body Bulletin;Mar1993, p1
Offers a look at the difference in exercise trends in the 1940s or 50s and the 90s. How the different routines will make the 90s person heavier; Lifestyle differences; How to cure the body lock; Lifestyle verging now on immobility; Creating an exercise program; Details.
- Cold weather exercise. // Body Bulletin;Jan1994, p3
Discusses exercising in cold weather and gives advice for heart patients, for people with diabetes and for those with `exercise' asthma.
- Choose the workout that works for you. // Body Bulletin;Jan1996, p3
Looks at choosing the workout that is suited for you.
- Beat the blow-off. // Body Bulletin;Jan1997, p1
Presents answers to common excuses used by people for not exercising. Includes answers for being too tired to exercise; Failure to stick to an exercise routine; Need for more family time.
- Exercise problems: Solved. // Body Bulletin;Mar1997, p3
Focuses on the solutions to different exercise problems. Analysis on the two solutions; How to develop consistency with exercises.
- 100 ways to burn 100 calories. // Body Bulletin;Mar1997, p4
Deals with the three of 100 exercises to burn calories.
- Enter the iron age. Matheny, F. // Bicycling;Dec89, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p70
Discusses what has been learned about weight training for cyclists in the last decade. Suggestions on how cyclists can plan an effective strength training program. INSET: Bulgarian beliefs..
- Loosen up! Anderson, B.; Burke, E.R. // Bicycling;Apr90, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p130
Discusses the importance of stretching for cyclists and offers several simple stretch techniques.