Evaluating the Slim-Fast diet plan for teens
- Herbals, anti-cellulite cream top 1994 Slim Chance Awards. // Obesity & Health;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p6
Comments on some of the winners of the Slim Chance Awards for `worst' weight loss products of 1993. How herbals like Dr. Clayton's Natural Program for Weight Control evade federal regulation for safety; Revlon's Ultima II ProCollagen Anti-cellulite body complex; More.
- 1998 Slim Chance Awards. Berg, Frances M. // Healthy Weight Journal;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p14
Describes several weight loss products slated to be announced at the 1998 Slim Chance Awards. Lifestyle Fascination's dehydroepiandrosterone cream gel; Botanic Gardens' Herbal Cleansing and Detox Program; Phena-Drene/MD pill; Health Direct's Elysee Body Toner Belt.
- Weight loss drugs get a boost. // Medical Marketing & Media;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the effectiveness of anti-obesity drugs such as Xenical and Meridia. Shares of the drugs in the American anti-obesity market; Mechanisms of action; Results of clinical studies on the drugs.
- THE VERDICT: It pains me to say it, but I'm an inch thinner. Adam Lee // Mail on Sunday;12/ 8/2013, p29
EFFORTLESSLY lose your beer gut? In days? Lead me to it!
- Over-the-counter weight-loss products. // Environmental Nutrition;Mar1994, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p5
Lists weight-loss products. Products approved as safe and effective; Products not proven as safe or effective; Active ingredients.
- Advertisers get away with incredible weight-loss claims; how not to succumb. // Environmental Nutrition;Jan1997, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p3
Presents advice on how not to succumb to unscrupulous weight-loss advertising in the United States. Includes use of common sense; Not trusting advertisements which offer immediate and guaranteed results; Power of the US Federal Trade Commission to stop fraudulent advertisements.
- Such a card, Calorad. // Environmental Nutrition;Apr98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the Calorad weight-loss product. Claims made by the manufacturer on the benefits offered by the product; Main features; Assessment of the product's effectiveness.
- Fat-blocking xenical hits the ground running; EN weighs in. // Environmental Nutrition;Jun99, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p3
Features the fat-blocking drug Xenical, one of the most popular prescription drugs in the United States as of June 1999. Tool for fighting obesity.
- 1997 slim chance awards. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Mar/Apr97, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
Presents the winners of the 1997 Slim Chance Awards. Equinox Weight Management System as the worst product; Absorbit-ALLPLUS as the most outrageous product; SveltPATCH as the worst claim; Slimming insoles as the worst gadget.
- Get slim, fat chance. // American Fitness;May92, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Announces the presentation of the Slim Chance awards, given by the Obesity & Health Information Bureau to offensive fraud diet products. This years winner; `Most Outrageous' award; Americans waste $5 to $6 billion a year on fraud diet systems; Address and phone number of bureau.