- Sacramento City Council Enacts Gay Rights Law. Freiberg, Peter // Advocate;5/13/86, Issue 446, p16
Reports that the city council of Sacramento, California voted to approve a comprehensive ordinance banning discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
- No more `wait til next year' for gender equity. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1993, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p34
Reports on inequality between the sexes in the United States. Share of women's sports in college athletics; Men's domination in scholarship expenses; Head coaches' salaries, Recruiting expenses; Women's sports coached by women; Profitable sports for colleges.
- Peoria bans discrimination based on sexual orientation. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/1/2003, Issue 801, p33
Reports that Peoria has joined a growing list of cities in Illinois which ban discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Mexico bans discrimination. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/1/2003, Issue 801, p34
Focuses on the ban on sex discrimination in Mexico. Applications of the law; Scope of criminal liability.
- Sexism in the schoolrooms. // Psychology Today;Mar85, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p54
Although many believe that classroom sexism disappeared in the early 70s, it hasn't. Boys still get more attention, encouragement and airtime than girls do.
- Women pastors vetoed. // Christian Century;3/5/86, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p232
Recounts the report issued by the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod reiterating its position that women may not hold positions of the authoritative public teaching office in the church.
- Where local laws prohibit discrimination. Button, James W.; Rienzo, Barbara A. // Public Management (00333611);Apr95, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p9
Studies local laws prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation in the United States. Scope of laws; Extent of implementation; Impact of laws on public schools.
- Hold that door? No way! Hold that line! Frear, Chris // Men's Health (10544836);Jun93, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p50
Discusses gender relations in the U.S. Girls allowed to play varsity football in Texas; Justice and fair play; Whether girls can play the game; The survival of women and children in the Titanic disaster; Breaking with the past and gender relations; Long-term implications; More. INSET: Chivalry...
- Title IX Victory. // Junior Scholastic;4/25/2005, Vol. 107 Issue 17, p5
Focuses on the U.S. Supreme Court case related to the sex discrimination in the U.S. public schools.
- Washington State expands anti-discrimination definition. // Personnel Journal;Jun93, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p116
Reports on the approval granted to HB 1443 by Washington State's House of Representatives. Expansion of the definition against discrimination to include discrimination based on sexual orientation.