- Sacramento City Council Enacts Gay Rights Law. Freiberg, Peter // Advocate;5/13/86, Issue 446, p16
Reports that the city council of Sacramento, California voted to approve a comprehensive ordinance banning discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
- No more `wait til next year' for gender equity. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1993, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p34
Reports on inequality between the sexes in the United States. Share of women's sports in college athletics; Men's domination in scholarship expenses; Head coaches' salaries, Recruiting expenses; Women's sports coached by women; Profitable sports for colleges.
- Peoria bans discrimination based on sexual orientation. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/1/2003, Issue 801, p33
Reports that Peoria has joined a growing list of cities in Illinois which ban discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Mexico bans discrimination. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/1/2003, Issue 801, p34
Focuses on the ban on sex discrimination in Mexico. Applications of the law; Scope of criminal liability.
- Sexism in the schoolrooms. // Psychology Today;Mar85, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p54
Although many believe that classroom sexism disappeared in the early 70s, it hasn't. Boys still get more attention, encouragement and airtime than girls do.
- Hold that door? No way! Hold that line! Frear, Chris // Men's Health (10544836);Jun93, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p50
Discusses gender relations in the U.S. Girls allowed to play varsity football in Texas; Justice and fair play; Whether girls can play the game; The survival of women and children in the Titanic disaster; Breaking with the past and gender relations; Long-term implications; More. INSET: Chivalry...
- Title IX Victory. // Junior Scholastic;4/25/2005, Vol. 107 Issue 17, p5
Focuses on the U.S. Supreme Court case related to the sex discrimination in the U.S. public schools.
- Washington State expands anti-discrimination definition. // Personnel Journal;Jun93, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p116
Reports on the approval granted to HB 1443 by Washington State's House of Representatives. Expansion of the definition against discrimination to include discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Sex Role Stereotyping in the Sunday Comics: A Twenty Year Update. Brabant, Sarah; Mooney, Linda A. // Sex Roles;Aug97, Vol. 37 Issue 3/4, p269
Analyzes the comic stripes in Sunday newspapers, two determine the prevalence of gender role stereotyping. Changes in the social position of women in the United States; Question of whether structural sexism has been reduced; Improvement in media images of women according to the National...
- The contagion of prejudice. O'Toole, Patricia // Glamour;Jul95, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p160
Focuses on three women's efforts to oppose Cobb County, Georgia's resolution which declares gays' lifestyles to be incompatible with community standards. View on the resolution as support for the right to hate gays; Opposition of several pastors and religious leaders.