- Moody's Lifts Up 34 States. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;4/20/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33302, p1
The article reports that the New York-based rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has kicked off an upward shift in municipal credit ratings on April 19, 2010, assigning stronger grades to Puerto Rico and 34 U.S. states. It emphasizes that the agency has held municipalities to a higher...
- The Art of Tweaking Triple-A. Sibayan, Karen // Asset Securitization Report;Oct2009, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the move of credit rating agencies to make adjustment on their ratings to capture true risk in asset-backed securities (ABS) transactions by Nora Colomer, another on the proposed reform of U.S. financial...
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;6/25/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33736, p5
The article presents news briefs from the U.S. bond market including the New York State Thruway Authority receiving negative ratings, the shrinking market for variable-rate demand obligations and auction-rate securities, and Moody's Investors Service Ltd.'s recent downgrade to Junk of California...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31801, p31
Presents news items related to developments in the bond market of U.S. states, as of March 26, 2003. Rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to Chicago, Illinois revenue bonds; Criticism of O'Hare International Airport expansion plans by aviation consultants; Plans of Nebraska-based...
- New-Issue Balances. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p62
Provides market data on the balances of new bonds issued by various states in the U.S., as of February 19, 2002. Amount of bonds offered by Connecticut-based West Haven; Sales registered in the bonds offered by Pennsylvania-based Abington School District; Remaining balance of bonds offered by...
- Southwest: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Aug. 6, 2004. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p31
Presents a chart tabulating the yield curves and credit ratings of government obligation bonds in southwestern U.S. states for August 6, 2004. Arizona; Colorado; New Mexico; Texas.
- APPENDIX C: Additional State Protections Concerning Credit Repair Clinics. Leonard, Robin; Reiter, Margaret // Credit Repair;Jun2013, p421
An appendix is presented which provides information on state protections regarding credit repair clinics in different U.S. states.
- BANKING. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/19/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p5
The article focuses on the pilot program introduced by Wells Fargo & Co. in select U.S. states that will allow its clients to access their credit score and credit report with no obligation.
- CREDIT WHERE DUE. // Progressive Populist;3/1/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the chart issued by Ben Schott which presents the credit ratings of Standard & Poor's Corp. for 50 states and 67 countries wherein it manifests that 11 U.S. states had the highest AAA ratings which indicate extremely strong capability to meet debts.