N.J. Transit Agencies Propose $2.58B Plan
- New Jersey initiates innovative CMAQ project. // Public Roads;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p32
States that the New Jersey Department of Transportation has launched a comprehensive communications effort to educate the public on the impact of vehicle emissions on air quality. Other agency who join in the campaign; Four themes of the campaign.
- Helping Motorists Get from Here to There. Fox, James P. // njbiz;9/30/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p7
Discusses the construction projects of the Department of Transportation in New Jersey. Value of construction contracts awarded since January 2002; Information on congested roadways in the state; Details on the renovation of the Driscoll Bridge.
- Partnership Pays Off in New Jersey. // Occupational Hazards;May2002, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p54
Focuses on the importance of work zones safety set by the New Jersey Department of Transportation. Establishment of partnership to ensure the common goal of safety work zones for motorists and workers; Enforcement of the traffic control plans in patrolling work zones; Assignment of troopers for...
- New Jersey adopts trip reduction program. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Apr94, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p125
Announces the publication of the Employer Trip Reduction Program of the New Jersey Department of Transportation. Objective of easing traffic congestion and lowering carbon dioxide emission; Encouragement of the use of public transit, carpools and vanpools.
- Alameda East? Dupin, Chris // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/20/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p18
Deals with the plan of New Jersey Department of Transportation to modernize roads that lead to ports. Sources of the fund for the modernization project; Capacity of the modernized roads; Expansion of the project.
- States pay the bills with fiber-optic highways. Pease, Robert // Lightwave;Jun98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p36
Deals with the plan of New Jersey's Department of Transportation to lease its fiber-optic network capacity for revenue generation. Regional toll consortium network overview; Purpose of the funds from the revenue; Estimated revenue to be generated from the project.
- The power of hydrogen under the hood. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;04/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p20
Highlights the New Jersey Department of Transportation's joining of the race to develop an alternative-fuel vehicle. Launching of the project NJ Venturer; Aim of developing a hydrogen fuel cell electric car; Retrofitting of the electric car Solectria Force with a hydrogen fuel cell to recharge...
- RIGHT OF WAY. // Business News New Jersey;06/19/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p3
No abstract available.
- N.J. Transportation Releases $3.3 Billion Fiscal '08 Proposal. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32601, p36
The article reports on the release of New Jersey Department of Transportation's (DOT) $3.3 billion proposed capital program for fiscal 2008. According to DOT, officials anticipate that construction projects totaling $2.01 billion for the DOT and $1.29 billion for New Jersey Transit will help...