Provena Health Reaches Fine-Free Settlement With IRS
- IRS probes bonds issued for Provena. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;08/07/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p14
Discusses the extension of the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) probe of healthcare acquisition financing deals to some of the bonds issued to launch Provena Health. Classification of the bonds; Background of Provena; Other healthcare systems whose bonds are under review.
- IRS Scrutiny of Provena Deal Expected to Affect Remarketing. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;08/02/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30945, p4
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's scrutiny of Provena Health's 1998 variable-rate acquisition financing bond deal. Effects of the investigation on the remarketing of the bonds; Purpose of the agency's probe into Provena.
- IRS Examining Provena Bonds. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;07/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30943, p2
Reports on the examination of the bonds of Provena Health by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- Provena receives nod to reissue bonds. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;10/16/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p48
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has approved the plans of Provena Health, a not-for-profit hospital system in Frankfort, Illinois, to reissue variable-rate bonds. Amount of bonds Provena will reissue; Savings expected by Provena from the reissue; Reasons the IRS...
- Feeling the heat. Barr, Paul // Modern Healthcare;11/8/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the move of Florida's bond authorities, the Orange County Health Facilities and Moore Haven to settle an investigation by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service into the tax-exempt status of hospital bonds the authorities had issued in 2004. Amount being offered by the bond authorities to...
- IRS, Law Firm Reach Deal On Penalties. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p1
Reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) settlement with a law firm under a section of the tax code that allows the federal agency to assess penalties against market participants that have made false statements in a bond transaction. IRS settlement with an underwriter who was...
- MedStar First to Settle IRS Audit. Tovino, Stacey A. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q3, p1
The article reports on the decision of MedStar Health to pay the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) $500,000 to resolve a 3 year-old audit of its bonds. The bonds' tax-exempt status will be preserved under the settlement. Out of the seven hospital systems under the review of the IRS, MedStar is...
- California Issuer Pays $1.01 Million in VCAP Settlement with IRS. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;6/10/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34323, p34
The article reports on the voluntary closing agreement program (VCAP) settlement of 1.01 million dollars paid by the Long Beach Community College District (LBCCD) in California to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Topics covered include tax issues on the general obligation (GO) bonds issued by...
- Tax Enforcement: Liberty Paper Settles Private-Activity Bond Case With IRS. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p5
Reports that Minnesota-based solid waste company Liberty Paper Inc. has reached a settlement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) appeals office with regard to private-activity bonds. Impact of outcome on the treatment of pending audits by the IRS; Views expressed by IRS national...