Illinois' Winds of Change
- LATE NEWS. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/27/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p1
This article presents news briefs, related to several government agencies of Chicago, Illinois, a of September 27, 2004. The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's plans for a $5.3 billion renovation and expansion of its system won support from the Civic Federation. The Chicago tax policy group...
- Illinois lawmakers at the tollway gate: Financial peril? Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p3
Presents information on fears by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, that the cost of road projects could increase, if the agency does not remain autonomous from the General Assembly. Possible damage to the agency's credit rating; Legislation on the authority's budget; How can lawmakers...
- Frank Rousseau. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p34
Reports that Frank Rousseau, Bolingbrook-based insurance broker, have ceased to do business with the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Allegations made against the insurance broker; When is Rousseau's trial.
- Higher tolls? Fix system before asking for more. // Crain's Chicago Business;09/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p10
Suggests that the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority should improve first its toll operations before requesting for repair funding from the state. Problems in the authority's accounting of toll change.
- Tollway Bonds on Tap for 2013 in lllinois. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;12/27/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33836, p1
The article informs that Illinois State Toll Highway Authority is planning to issue tollbacked bonds of one billion U.S. dollars in the year 2013.
- Toll Bonds Planned In Illinois. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;10/25/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34600, p1
The article reports on the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's proposed 2017 budget which is seeking a billion dollars in capital spending supported by lot of toll-backed loans.
- Under Pressure, Illinois Highway Authority Plans More Meetings on Toll Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p4
Reports that the officials of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority agreed to hold additional public hearing on toll hike issues. Demands in percentage toll increase from the authority's board; Need to increase revenue to construct and improve roads; Schedule of the public hearing.
- Illinois Tollway Uses Forward Swaps To Hedge Its Bets and Keep Costs Down. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, Special section p16
The article reports on the presentation of the Bond Buyer's 2006 Midwest Deal of the Year award to the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority for its sale of fixed-rate revenue bonds in May 2006. The tollway's finance chief explains the agency's strategy to finance a $5.3 billion overhaul of...
- Report: Debt Could Help Ease in Illinois Road Plan's Toll Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31386, p4
Reports the implementation of Illinois State Tool Highway Authority of increase in toll rates. Plan of upgrading the system; Impact on ratepayers; Reliance of the authority on pay-as-you-go financing.