The geopolitics of a Golan Heights agreement
- Israel's June '82 war in Lebanon. // Commentary;Nov84, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p24
Although complete data is not available, three recent books provide information on the causes, course and consequences of Israel's `Operation Peace for Galilee.' This has changed the constellation of forces in the Mid-East and offers lessons not only for Israel but for America, too.
- Changing heart in Israel. // Foreign Policy;Fall85, Issue 60, p109
The war in Lebanon and the deepening economic crisis have shaken the key pillars of the movement opposing territorial compromise--the belief that the land of the West Bank belongs to Israel for religious reasons and that it is needed for strategicreasons. Israelis may be willing to consider...
- The troubled withdrawal. // Newsweek;3/18/85, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p35
The troubled withdrawal from southern Lebanon is aggravating the animosities stirred up by nearly three years of occupation. Despite a ban on journalists, Newsweek's reporter slipped in and out of occupied territory last week and gives his feelings here.
- Country Overview. // Israel Country Review;2011, preceding p1
The article offers an overview of Israel, discussing its foreign relation and the wars it encountered.
- A peace dividend in Israel. Reeves, Richard // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/18/95, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p5B
Opinion. Comments on the effect of the successive peace agreements signed by Israel Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Yasser Arafat of the Palestinian Liberation Organization on Israel. Increased construction and manufacturing; Boom in European immigration into the country; Influx of contract...
- The first time in 21 years. Deming, A.; Strassen, S. // Newsweek;8/8/88, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p37
Reports on the five Israeli diplomats who recently visited Moscow. They were the first on Soviet soil in 21 years, and were virtually ignored by Soviet officials, who said the Israelis were there only to visit members of the Dutch embassy.Visit; Reasons; Reactions.
- Shaping reality. Wall, James M. // Christian Century;12/7/94, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p1147
Focuses on the foreign relations between Israel and Palestine. Background history; Comparison of Israel with the United States; Political and religious issues.
- They gave peace a chance. Irwin, V. // Scholastic Update;10/4/91, Vol. 124 Issue 3, p21
Looks back at the Camp David treaty between Egypt and Israel, the first-ever peace agreement between Arabs and Jews in the Middle East. Roots of the conflict dating back to 1948, when Israel was attacked by its Arab neighbors; Why Egyptian President Anwar el Sadat agreed to make peace with...
- Israeli deterrence, Iraqi responses. Baram, Amatzia // Orbis;Summer92, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p397
Examines the role of Israel as a deterrent to Iraqi aggression. The failure of Israeli deterrence and the Gulf war; The success of Israeli deterrence; The cases for and against Saddam Hussein's rationality; Irrational actors and nuclear weapons; Cold war analogy; More.