Facilitating prelinguistic communication skills in young children with developmental delay
- The Use of therapeutic Milieu on a Continuing Care Unit in a General Hospital. Williams, Redford B.; Overlan, Ellen M.; Ryzewski, Jane H.; Beach, Marilyn J.; Willard, Harold N. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec70, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p957
Discusses a case involving hospitalized patients who were treated with therapeutic milieu. Purpose of therapeutic milieu; Description of continuing care unit milieu; Implications of therapeutic milieu for medical education.
- milieu therapy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1470
A definition of the term "milieu therapy," which refers to a method of psychotherapy that controls the environment of the patient to provide interpersonal contacts that will develop trust, assurance, and personal autonomy, is presented.
- Specific Effects of G. Ammon's Milieu Therapy. Wied, V.D.; Lutova, N.B. // International Journal of Mental Health;Summer2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p18
Discusses the specific effects of the milieu therapy introduced by G. Ammon. Superior theoretical concept of milieu therapy introduced by Ammon due to its therapeutic efficiency; Two features of Ammon's model of milieu therapy; Comparison between milieu therapy model and other methods for...
- Adipokines and Cytokines in Human Pancreatic Juice: Unraveling the Local Pancreatic Inflammatory Milieu. Dalbec, Kathryn M.; Schmidt, C. Max; Wade, Terence E.; Sue Wang; Swartz-Basile, Deborah A.; Pitt, Henry A.; Zyromski, Nicholas J. // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Jul2010, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p2108
Differential adipokine expression in obesity influences the inflammatory milieu, and may explain in part obesityï¿½s negative impact on pancreatic disease. Pancreatic juice analysis may provide a good means to evaluate the local pancreatic inflammatory milieu. The presence of adipokines in...
- Integrating Psychotherapeutic Strategies in the Treatment of Young Severely Disturbed Patients. Perris, Carlo // Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy;Fall1992, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p205
At the same time as the number of psychotherapies is increasing in an unprecedented way, there is also a growing awareness that if psychotherapy is to gain a prominent place in the treatment of the mentally ill in public services, then it is necessary to move beyond the constraints of...
- Bronchoalveolar Lavage and Other Methods to Define the Human Respiratory Tract Milieu in Health and Disease. Reynolds, Herbert Y. // Lung;Apr2011, Vol. 189 Issue 2, p87
During fiber-optic bronchoscopy (FOB), surface sampling of the human respiratory airways and alveolar unit can be done with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), plus selective sites can be brushed for cells and transbronchial biopsies made in adjacent tissue. This permits analysis of the respiratory...
- InvestigaÅ£ii asupra mediului de organizare ÅŸi funcÅ£ionare a sportului universitar romÃ¢nesc. Popa, Mihaela; Mihăilescu, Liliana // Palestrica of the Third Millennium Civilization & Sport;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p241
Background. According to HC 1201/30.11.2011, the organization of the general framework, functioning and successful development of school and university sports is in charge of the Federation of School and University Sports (FSUS), a specialized body of the central public administration (the above...
- Children on psych meds raise these ethical concerns. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Jan2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p9
The article focuses on the ethical concerns related to psychotropic medication of children. It includes physical and psychological adverse effect, inadequate medical workups and diagnoses and failure in resolving root causes of mental suffering. It mentions that the providers of differential...
- ActualitÃ© de la psychothÃ©rapie institutionnelle. DELION, Pierre // Perspectives Psychiatriques;oct-dec2012, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p342
The author reviews the history of the French psychoanalytic movement called -psychotherapie institutionnelle- and highlights its relevance for the current psychiatric practice.