Italian American success stories
- Remarks to the National Italian-American Foundation. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p1659
Presents the remarks given by the United States president to the National Italian American Foundation acknowledging the honorees at the Washington Hilton Hotel in Washington on October 25, 1997. Organization's support to the administration; Racial and ethnic diversity of the nation's...
- The sons and daughters of Itri. Jordan, Pat // Yankee;Mar93, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p52
Features the Italian-Americans of Knightsville, Rhode Island. Ancestry; Preserved culture; Discouraged interracial and non-Itranian marriages; St. Mary's Feast Society, a social club for Itranians; Itri history.
- Cutting off CUNY's cash flow. Walls, Jeannette; Gelman, Jan // New York;4/12/93, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p7
Reports that a group of powerful Italian Americans is threatening to hold up funding for the City University of New York. Court finding that the state-funded university system was discriminating against Italian Americans; Letter sent by the Coalition of Italo-American Associations, of which...
- Boston's North End Italian-Americans. // Newsweek;10/1/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p12
Boston's North End Italian-Americans ask questions about Geraldine Ferraro's candidacy as the community ponders its future. They hope that Ferraro could make good on her campaign promise to `restore' family values. Changes in beliefs, architecture, politics and religion have affected this...
- Where Italian roots run deep. // U.S. News & World Report;2/26/96, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p20
Presents a map of the United States indicating, by area, percentages of the population that are of Italian descent.
- Remarks at the National Italian-American Foundation dinner. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/30/95, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p1904
Presents a speech from US President Bill Clinton at a dinner sponsored by the National Italian American Foundation Dinner. Remarks on the event's honorees; Tribute to Italian-American officials in his administration; Value of the ethnic solidarity shown by Americans of Italian descent.
- From the editor. // Cobblestone;Dec92, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p2
Presents an overview of the role Italians have played in American history. New World's discovery by Italian Christopher Columbus; Other Italian explorers; Why Italian immigrants came to the US; Persecution of Italian immigrants in the 1800s; How Italians have overcome prejudices against them; More.
- Five generations of Italian immigrants. Pugno, Terry Ren // Cobblestone;Dec92, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p9
Relates the story of the author's husband's Italian American family. Birthplace of parents and grandparents; Father's experiences as an Italian prisoner of war in southern California; Immigration of mother's family to America; Couple's marriage in Italy after World War II; More.
- Italian American pop wizard quiz. // Cobblestone;Dec92, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p34
Presents a quiz on contemporary Italian Americans who are famous in the arts and entertainment industries. Madonna; Frank Sinatra; Sylvester Stallone; Luciano Pavarotti; Arturo Toscanini; Answers; More.