Pygmy + Nubian = Kinder
- READER SHOT OF THE MONTH. // Backpacker;Aug2008, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p17
A photograph of a nanny-goat and her kid from Mt. Timpanogos in Utah is presented.
- Backyard goatherding. Luttmann, G. // Country Journal;Nov88, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p52
Discusses dairy goats which are colorful, companionable animals. Easy to care for, they supply delicious milk. Different breeds; Goat fencing; Shelter; Selecting a goat; Dairy character; Feeding; Keeping. INSET: No nonsense kidding.;References..
- A boy and his goat. O'Gara, G. // Sierra;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p42
Reflects on the author's hike into Slough Creek Basin in the Wind River Mountains of Wyoming using pack goats. His four-year-old son's interaction with the goats; Advantages of goats over horses, llamas; Anti-goat prejudice through the years; Goats' internal organization; Personalities;...
- What I owe to goat. Carter IV, H. // Esquire;Aug90, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p44
Examines goat meat and the increase in consumption of this specialty. Comparison of fat, cholesterol, and sodium of goat; Taste; Recipe; Author's first experience tasting goat.
- Getting your goat. Damerow, Gail // Mother Earth News;Jun/Jul92, Issue 132, p40
Discusses different economical and low-maintenance additions you can make to the backyard. Getting started; Home sweet goat home; Feeding; Health care; African Pygmies are perfect for pint-sized goatkeepers; More. INSET: Mother's guide to goats (provides a guide from `Mother Earth....
- Dairy goats. Murrow, Liza Ketchum // Country Journal;May/Jun94, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p43
Gives tips in raising dairy goats. Breeds of dairy goats; Availability of a purebred or grade doe; Preparation for the goats' barn; Importance of companionship for goats; Food requirements of goats; Breeding; Benefits from raising goats; List of books on raising goats.
- Home after the holidays. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/13/97, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p42
Announces that Wrong-Way, the mountain goat found in the unusual habitat of Westaskiwin, has begun the journey home. The spotting of Wrong-Way at Alder Flats; Plans for the mountain goat should he not return home by spring.
- The goat barn: What some people know about goats isn't the truth. Abraham, Jill // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p68
Presents several facts about goats. Season when a male goat emit an aroma; Feeds for dairy goats; Dangers of horns in a dairy goat.
- Hot investment tip. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p38
Advises on the wisdom of investing in a milk goat.
- Another problem with horns. Kurylo, B. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p51
Recounts the author's experience raising a Toggenburg doe with horns. Injury suffered by the doe.