The Prada Effect
- Foreign exchange. Manuelli, Sara // Design Week;Jan2003, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p17
Describes the design of shopping centers in various locations. Stella McCartney New York; Dunhill New York; Chloe London and Monaco.
- The Yard Creative designs City pop-up space. // Design Week;9/30/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p5
The article reports on the pop-up retail space designed by the Yard Creative for Land Securities' One New Change, a shopping center in London, England.
- DESIGN CHOICE/BULLRING SHOPPING CENTRE. Vivian, Dan // Marketing (00253650);10/16/2003, p10
The Bullring shopping centre in Birmingham, Alabama is a fantastic development and has proved a fashion point in the short time it's been open. But it's not the shops that have been grabbing the headlines; it's the exterior that's the talking point. The old Bullring of the 60s dated quickly. The...
- Brickwork bonanza. // Architectural Record;May1985, Vol. 173 Issue 6, p111
Describes the architectural design of Brightleaf Square shopping center in Durham, North Carolina in 1985. Background of the origin of the buildings; Preservation of the building's visual identity and architectural integrity; Design for the tenant spaces.
- de Chirico charisma. // Architectural Record;May1985, Vol. 173 Issue 6, p114
Presents information on the architectural design of Spanish Village shopping center in Carefree, Arizona. Components of the basic structure of the center; Design of the passageway for pedestrians; Insulation of the building.
- The paths of the ancients. Knutt, Elaine // Estates Gazette;2003 Centre Retailing Supplement, p28
Reports on the redevelopment of Broadmarsh shopping center in Nottingham, England. History of the urban development; Geographic location of the shopping center; Changes in the architectural design of the shopping center. INSET: Westfield: coming up from down under.
- Way-out Westfield is about cashing in. Steel, Carolyn // Building Design;11/7/2008, Issue 1843, p9
The author shares her experience of shopping at the retail-leisure complex, Westfield World, in London, England. She discusses the shopping complex's architectural design, including the Champagne Bar and its gray-paneled walls. The author also comments on the ethnicity and social mix of...
- Lighting lstinye Park. Barr, Vilma // Display & Design Ideas;Jul2009, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p40
The article focuses on the Istinye Park Shopping Center located on 32 acres near downtown Istanbul, Turkey. The shopping center offers a mix of 300 retail stores. The park boasts a full array of dining options, an entertainment and dancing plaza, an on-site health club and spa, a supermarket, a...
- Village people. // Shopping Center World;May2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, pS186
Describes the FlatIron Village shopping center in Broomfield, Colorado, designed by Callison Architecture Inc. Goal for designing the center; Features of FlatIron Village.