Winter storm buries retail on President's Day
- Snowstorms Disrupt President's Day Sales. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/24/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p4
Cites findings of a research firm Shopper Trak which state that snow storms disrupted President's Day sales in the U.S. Loss in general merchandise sales due to storm; Percentage decline in year-over-year sales of general merchandise; Number of stores of Tweeter that were closed on the day.
- Stores Weather Back-to-Back Storms. Wells, Jeff // SN: Supermarket News;1/8/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p17
The article focuses on the effect of winter storms on supermarket operations in Colorado in December 2006. Jerry's Market have stayed open and well stocked largely due to the fact their wholesaler is based out of Nebraska. Majority of stores are lacking essential items. It cites the approaches...
- Ice Storm Shuts Okla. City Warehouse. // SN: Supermarket News;12/17/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 51, p6
The article reports that the large distribution center operated by Associated Wholesale Grocers was unable to operate for two days because of a major ice storm in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. According to Ron Edgmon, president of the Oklahoma Grocers Association, the shutdown backed up deliveries...
- Winter's late arrival brings out sleds and shovels on east coast. Nifong, Christina // Christian Science Monitor;2/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 49, p4
Presents report on the arrival of winter and the snow storm in the Midwest with the accumulation of several inches of snow on New York City and some parts of Kentucky and Washington D.C.
- `Let it stop, let it stop, let it stop....' // Christian Science Monitor;1/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 42, p16
Presents a caption story on the March 12th, 1988 snowstorm in New York City, New York. Hours for which snow fell; Number of inches of snow on the ground.
- Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Blow. Welch, Jack // Louisville Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p6
Reports on series of winter storms blew over Louisville, Kentucky during the winter of 1978. Snowfall recorded during the month of January 1978; Experience of local historian Tom Owen during the winter storms; Advice given to people by former County Judge Mitch McConnell to clean neighborhood...
- Deadly weather. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);May96, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p8
Reports that snow storms are threatening the lives of Tibetan nomads by devastating their livestock.
- Characteristics of the Southern Hemisphere winter storm... Berbery, Ernesto H.; Vera, Carolina S. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;2/1/96, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p468
Presents an analysis on fluctuations in synoptic scales in the Southern Hemisphere (SH) during the winter. How the research is done.
- Snow stories. // State Government News;Feb96, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on some of the problems that resulted form the snowstorm that hit the East Coast of the United States during the early part of January 1996. States that declared states of emergency; Death toll; Banning of motor traffic in Pennsylvania.