An alternative that works
- The Rodale Working Tree Center: Making trees work for you. Tretter, Mary Ann // Organic Gardening (08973792);May/Jun92, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p56
Presents a look at the Rodale Working Tree Center, the original Rodale Farm and site of the visionary tree project. How you can put these ideas to work in your own garden; Decision to group the trees in small groves; A 55-acre site; A place to study trees; Includes the timber management grove,...
- U.S. Farms--Number and Acreage by State, 1997 and 1998: Montana- Wyoming. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p136
No abstract available.
- Farm Business Real Estate Debt Outstanding, by Lender Groups, 1960-98. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p140
No abstract available.
- All creatures great and small. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/20/93, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p24
Announces Parkland Exotic Farm owners Floyd and Marie Ferguson have been granted a provincial zoo license, which will allow them to expand their already impressive collection of 250 animals and 70 species. Animals currently kept by the Fergusons; Plans to build an educational center; Comments...
- OFF THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW PATH. // AutoWeek;7/2/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 27, p4
A photograph of a wheat field in the rural area of Netherlands that was destroyed by a driver who was chased by the police is presented.
- Allegheny Mountain Farm. // Country Living;Aug88, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p53
A photo essay of Jane and William Browning's Hollyrock Farm and farmhouse in Lewisburg, W. Va. Includes antiques from the 1800s.
- Country showcase. Morgan, Mark; Hurst, Trish // Country Living;Sep92, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p80
Presents a photo essay with text of Nester Farm, a restored 1850s farmhouse two hours south of Sydney, Australia. How the owners dismantled the neglected dairy compound and updated it; Use of salvaged timbers in the rebuilding process; Collections of Australian bush pieces and folk art;...
- Top valley farms in order of estimated gross crop values. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/03/97, Issue 322220, p27
Features the top farms in California's Central San Joaquin River Valley based on estimated gross crop values. Includes J.G. Boswell Co.; Dole Fresh Fruit Co.; Paramount Farming Co.
- Enough feed for the winter. // Farmers Weekly;8/28/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p44
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of buying a small neighbouring farm in Ravenglass in Cumbria, England, and integrating it with his existing farm business.
- in brief�. Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;4/2/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 13, p87
This section offers news briefs on land and farms in Great Britain including the sale of St.John's Farm in Abridge, Essex and Roundhill Farm in Kelston, Bath.