- Amazing fact. // Body Bulletin;Jan1996, p1
Reports that 40% of vitamins in cereals dissolve into the milk, so as to get the most out of your cereal, drink the leftover milk.
- The A's and C's of vitamins. // Current Health 2;Dec87, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p18
Vitamin A and vitamin C are described, as well as water-soluble and fat-soluble vitamins. The roles of vitamins A and C in health, and their sources. INSET: 2 recipes for sources of vitamins A and C. How much of these....
- Vitamins D and E. Hadfield, L. // Current Health 2;Apr91, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p16
Describes the health benefits of vitamins D and E. Sunlight and vitamin D; Vitamin D deficiency; Vitamin E research; Vitamin D and E supplements. INSET: Vitamin D and Vitamin E (list of food sources)..
- Is your food full of ABC's. // Current Health 1;Jan1996, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p14
Looks at vitamins as a mother nature to your body. How vitamins help to regulate your body; Getting what you need from vitamins; Putting it all together. INSET: The benefits of vitamins and minerals..
- Do you or don't you need vitamins (and minerals)? Hoffman, Ronald // Cosmopolitan;Mar1993, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p202
No abstract available.
- Excess vitamin D in milk not a problem; deficit may be. // Environmental Nutrition;Jul92, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p4
Presents recent findings which show that both high and low levels of vitamin D in milk have caused concern because of its relatively small safety zone between deficiency and overdose. Milk fortified with vitamin D since the 1930's; Vitamin D toxicity according to U.S. Recommended Daily Allowance...
- Sunscreen users may lack vitamin D. // Environmental Nutrition;Jul93, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p7
Provides an answer to a query on the blocking of vitamin D by sunscreens. Dietary sources; Supplements; Recommendation of Michael Holick of the Vitamin D, Skin and Bone Research Laboratory at Boston University to get early morning and late afternoon sun exposure.
- As seen on TV!!--Do vitamin spray claims measure up? // Environmental Nutrition;Sep95, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p7
Answers a question about vitamin sprays as better absorbed than vitamin pills. Prohibition by the Federal Trade Commission against certain companies from making such claims; How vitamin sprays work; Advantage of traditional tablets and capsules of spray vitamin.
- A comparison of selected multivitamin/mineral supplements. // Environmental Nutrition;Apr96, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
Presents a list of multivitamins and minerals which are available on the market. Most popular vitamin brands; Costs.